Tennis Balls

jason

fear no beer
Ok, wanted to pop in for another quick tip. How many here have tennis balls? Come on raise your hands. Ok, that looks like a good portion of everyone. To the few that did not raise their hands do you have a liter plastic soda bottle, or a smaller one? I do not think this trick works with 2 liters. Anyway, next question, anyone have problems getting their spouses to to rub their feet? Well here is a neat trick. It is supposed to help bring the arch back to your feet besides massage them. What you do is simply put the ball or bottle on the ground, and put your foot on it and then move your back and forth. You can use different pressure depending on how you want. Works pretty well too.

kernow

I don't really understand what you do it for? I hate to have people messing around with my feet.

Taggart

I haven't heard of that technique using tennis balls or bottles, but it makes sense that it would work. I've seen "roller" devices made especially for the same kind of motion applied to the bottom of your feet.

Speaking of tennis balls, I hear that they're not good for dogs to play with - But I forget why that would be. Does anyone here know?

marky

You know, I've heard of that massage technique before (using bottles), but for some reason, I never can seem to remember it while camping. Usually, by the time I need it, my feet would ache so much that I wouldn't be able to remember a thing.

By the way, that same tip works for massaging practically anything. You can even have someone roll the ball around on your back and shoulders for a nice, soothing massage. ;)

HereToday

Tennis balls are also good for curving your hands over it, and that replicates the proper position your hands should be when playing the piano. I've never thought to do the feet trick you're talking about.
Every night before we go to sleep I massage my husband's feet, and his shoulders. He's out like a light, and has a good restful night's sleep. I'll see if he wants to try the tennis balls.

jason

fear no beer
Speaking of tennis balls, I hear that they're not good for dogs to play with - But I forget why that would be. Does anyone here know?
The only thing I have heard in the urban legend that some of the bigger dogs have tried to swallow the balls causing them to choke. I've heard some rumors that it wears their teeth out.

justontime

My dog (a border collie) loves tennis balls but she will rip the material off and tear up the ball in just a few minutes. I think it would be possible for a dog to choke especially on the outer material.

Hunter

I don't really understand what you do it for? I hate to have people messing around with my feet.
I believe this is a remedy for extremely sore feet. I know after a day of climbing or hiking, my feet are killing me. I will definitely start packing a tennis ball with me, as I can't seem to get anyone to massage my feet for me. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Hikker_Jim

I can't stand buying tennis balls for my dogs, like 'Just on Time' my dogs tear all the fluff off the balls aswell and it's a terrible mess to clean up. As for asking for a foot massage, well my wife would do anything for me so I don't need to try the technique!

firefly

I like that tip. I love foot massages. When you hike around at camp you sure do get sore feet. I`ll remember that one thanks. As for the dog, I saw a TV show once that had a dog almost die from a tennis ball getting stuck way down his throat. He was a big dog. I have a Shephard and I never let him play with tennis balls.