The Bravest Or Craziest Camper

Grandpa

A fed bear will also cause problems for the next person to come along, expecting a handout from them as well. It really ticks me off when I find food litter left in bear country. That is just setting the stage for disaster for the next person to come along.

Cappy

i have the same pet peave Grandpa cept about a different critter. I truely hate the ignerent people that feed gaters. By doing so they teach the gaters to aproach the boat or bank and expect something to eat. In the old days a gater saw you coming he would run and hide. Now in some areas, including several state parks, when ya fishing the gaters come to you. I have had to slap one on the head with a paddle to stop it from climbing in the boat with us. then folks wonder why accidents involving gaters is on the rise.

ChadTower

We don't have gators in New England but we do have snappers that follow you. They learn to follow small fishing boats because boats throw wounded/dazed fish over the side. They throw parts of bait over the side. Most boats think nothing of doing either. That 3' shell snapper might not bother you in your 16' bass boat but it's a totally different thing following my canoe around for two hours.

MissyKitty

That's the right thing to do, the noise might of aggravated the bear. Smart little girls. I would have done the same thing, or at least i would have tried to do.

huullk

Smart girl. If her dog had confronted the bear, it could have turned into an ugly incident. I hope you don't leave your coolers outside anymore. Sorry, but that was irresponsible and stupid.