The Countdown Begins!

BUUZBEE

Tent Camper :)
Tomorrow we are a week away from our family trip to Yosemite! I'm very excited... some may remember my first post, that I've never been, we always go to the Sierras.
I'm super excited... but a bit anxious as to what "first come, first serve" campground we'll end up in. I'm hoping for Bridalveil, so fingers & toes are crossed! I'm a bit spoiled and do want flush toilets LOL... but if we have no choice, I'll hold my breath in the portapotties ;)
I've been doing a lot of searching on all the various day hikes... and really just cant wait! :)

MtMakiling

Wow, Yosemite is a great place. I hope you will have great fun out there. I haven't been there either but my brother has and showed me some photos. Love the great falls!

T

tentrus

Good luck getting the campsite that you want. Get there super early and you will have a great shot at it. I've never been to Yosemite but I would like to go there someday!

limbs

I am so jealous but also really happy for you! I think you are going to have a wonderful time no matter what camp ground you end up in. And of course we expect a trip report when you get back!

BUUZBEE

yeah, we may get there and dont care for that campground, but by the sounds of it, it seems to be the one. Not too crowded like the valley, and not too high an elevation, i think its about 7k if i remember right... some are over 8k, where the valley is about 4k. They say to get there around 9am and start hunting for one we like.
Of course I'll have a trip report and i'm taking my nikon, so should have some good pics also :)

Grandpa

I mentioned in another post, meeting up with hiking pards who had the reservations, couldn't find them right off so panicked and took a first come site at 6:00 pm. That was in the Tuolome meadows campground in August. No guarantees but you should be able to get a good site.

As for me, getting my pack together for my next adventure. Leaving Friday afternoon for a 7 day trek in the Wind River Range. Not sure if I need to take the snowmachines or a boat though.:tinysmile_hmm_t2: Last word was the snow was melting fast and the cricks were running fast but by Saturday, we will take it as we find it. Hiking with a great bunch of highly experienced people.

Have a great trip Buuzbee. Yosemite is one of those "special places"

Last edited:

BUUZBEE

We're back!!! We had a wonderful time... got a campsite no problem up at Bridalveil... I'm uploading the pics to photobucket and will post later today :)