The one thing you couldn't go without?

jason

fear no beer
Not including a sleeping bag, tent and toiletries, what is something you absolutely must have when you go camping?

sarahlorrain

A flashlight! You can't go the bathroom (in the bushes or in the camp bathroom) in the middle of the night without a flashlight!

HereToday

A pad, for laying my sleeping bag on top of; I can never seem to lay down without a stone or bit of wood appearing right under it. Also, a good book and a book light; I can't get the hang of going to bed "with the chickens", so I need a bit of entertainment in the dark.

Kitten

A good pair of boots and a raincoat. Oh, that's two, but either way, they've come in handy so many times when the weather turned not-so-pleasant unexpectedly.

chocoguy

A lighter to start some fire, I found it hard to start a fire by just rubbing two sticks. A native has already taught us but I still found it difficult.

petersu

Lanterns or a Torch Light, Outdoor Heaters (useful for winter camping), Water Heaters (If necessary), Obviously a Walking Stick, Emergency Kits & Accessories.

fbird

mosquito replant, hate them lil buggers, outside of that i'm not sure. it all depends on the purpose of the trip, hike, bike, relax ect.

basecamp

ah, i need a lot of things while camping.
shoes, sleeping bags, Flash light, First-aid kits, a stick, some food and water, etc....

rubybeetle

I'd say coffee but I'll go with extra socks for everyone. Especially if there is a river or lake nearby.

amine

Water extra food and camera. Without these i wont go out camping. Huh!! i for got about the flashlight and small knife. Small knife is to defend in some bad situations.

doormaverick

I have to bring enough water and beverages. I can't stand being dehydrated while trying to have a good time. Mosquito repellent is a absolute must. Nothing worse than trying to go to sleep and having bugs buzzing by your nose and ears, biting the heck out of you. Baby wipes are also a must because if I do need to go #2 I want to feel clean and fresh

newname19

I need camera to upload pictures on to facebook (lol yes I have a camera addiction)
I also need a laptop or ipod touch to connect to internet......
I also need a comfy bed and my favorite blanket.

tour

I will never forget food ;). A handy cam is a must as there will be lot of scenery to capture. The trekking shoes in another important thing you should never forget.

vidit

i give always first opinion to take with me is sleeping bags and tent because i am worried about it, it is necessary items which you need it. one time we forgot a tent and we had lots of problems. so i give first preference to these two things.

SQuirrel

give me a lighter and a pocket knife and i'm good. It's tuff to decide between the two but If I only could have one in a survival situation, I'd go with the lighter.

justontime

I have to take lots of things, but I have to have my camera and my radio. I have a small radio with a handle to turn to power it. I like to listen to my radio before I go to sleep.

pavan

The purification tablets which contain iodine, halazone, or chlorine kill most waterborne bacteria, viruses, and some parasites.
Use a Food Thermometer if you are cooking raw meats, fish, or poultry on a portable stove or over a fire, check the temperature.