The Oscars

campclose

Will you be watching the Oscars tonight? I won't - it's one awards show that I don't like. I really only watch the music awards. If you will be watching what are you most interested in seeing?

wvbreamfisherman

I wouldn't watch that bunch of preening, self-congratulating, smug buttheads even if they were paying me $50 and hour and giving away free beer and steak dinners.

Barney

I used to watch it back when I was a kid because I wanted to become an actor but now I can't agree more with you guys!

Lorax

I wouldn't watch that bunch of preening, self-congratulating, smug buttheads even if they were paying me $50 and hour and giving away free beer and steak dinners.
I have finally found a way to sum up my feelings about this. Thank you! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

BGreen

We had it on, and I enjoyed seeing Meryl Streep. She's the greatest actress of all time. I don't enjoy seeing all that tremendous waste of money and people wearing millions of dollars worth of diamonds. What a waste that is.

JeepThrills

I caught bits and pieces of it, but only because it was the channel I had on while watching other shows on the DVR. I DID get to see Angelina Jolie's leg. I have no clue what she was trying to do, but it certainly caught her the attention.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Isn't that one of the three Gay Holidays? The Oscars, the Tonys and the Grammys?

I don't care for awards shows, especially the Oscars. They make such a big deal about the actors. The actor's job is to say the lines and not knock over the furniture. Without the writers, they would have no lines. But who's living the high life? The human parrot, not the brain.

It's the same with a lot of solo artists. They don't write their own music, someone else writes the songs and they sing them.

Judy Ann

I enjoy wathcing the Oscars if for no other reason than to catch up on current events in the entertainment industry. I haven't been to a movie theater in many years, but most people enjoy talking about movies that they have seen. I must confess that I enjoy looking at all of the beautiful people dressed in their finery and am grateful that I can get up to fix some tea and run to the bathroom while they have to stay in their seats.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I don't care for awards shows, especially the Oscars. They make such a big deal about the actors. The actor's job is to say the lines and not knock over the furniture. Without the writers, they would have no lines. But who's living the high life? The human parrot, not the brain.
I have to agree with this to an extent. My personal belief is that it is an actor's job to pretend to be someone they are not. The Great Pretender gets the OSCAR for being the best BSer in a sea of them. I think this is why so many of them go into politics.

I also believe that many actors realize they are only entertainers and never really get full of themselves. This is why some don't show up. Still, if I were an actor, I would be happy to receive an OSCAR because it would mean I could write my own ticket for my next movie.

joegres

Is that Hugo film any good? I haven't seen it but it got several oscars, shame Rooney mara didn't get one :(

Tristan

I've seen clips of The Artist and I'm just not seeing the appeal. Did they sweep the Oscars because it was unique? After all, it's the only silent movie in about seven decades. I think they got all the accolades just for being different. I guess I'm practicing the Bob Dole method of panning movies that I've never seen. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

joegres

I haven't seen the artist yet, and I'm not sure if I want to see it, I'm not into silent movies at all...

btw. I've watched Hugo now and I think it's a great movie and deserved the prizes. I likes the whole scenery and it was interesting to look at it.