The Weather Man

limbs

I was very unhappy with the weatherman today because he claimed we were going to get 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight. It was supposed to start snowing 3 hours ago and continue through the night. Luckily it is still in the high 30s so it is all rain. I will be so glad if he is wrong.

oldmangunner

Don't shoot the messenger! I think it must be difficult to be the weather man; you could ruin someones day just by calling it wrong. Either way I am not a fan of snow either, so in this case I am glad he is wrong for your sake.

Lamebeaver

The really good meterologists were all off yesterday. The forcast was generated by some flunky-third-class with no seniority. And no, the guy on TV does not do his own forcasts, he simply regurgitates the info recieved from the NWS.

Survivo

You can't really rely on weather prognosis. They all said it will snow here but nothing happened. We had something falling that barely resembled snow. So I don't know if that counts as accurate prediction. :)

calanta

The only time I like the snow is when I have planned days off work (or they cancel it) and we have plenty of ways to stay warm when the power goes out. Now if its random snow that messes up my day, I am not down for the fluffy stuff.

ppine

Forester
Weather predicting is still part art and part science. We are very fortunate to such improved predicting especially since the advent of Dopler radar.

limbs

In the end we had no accumulation at all. It looked as if it wanted to snow but it didn't quite get there. I will be thrilled if we can avoid snow until January. I think we can, too!