Time outdoors...but not the good kind

Luvoutdoors

Looks like we will be spending a good bit of the weekend outdoors, but instead of going on a hike or camping we will be dealing with the leaves! We need to rake the yard, and see if the gutters are still up there under all the leaves on the roof. Fun Fun!

KatieMarie

Oh bummer. Glad I'm not you guys. But, alas, these things have to be done sooner or later, just to bad it ends up being on a weekend. Plan on treating yourselves the following weekend. :)

oldsarge

Build a field expiedient shelter, then rake all the leaves inside and make a debris hut. Good survival training!

CatsEye

Get a blower/vacuum/mulcher. Best investment I've ever made. Instead of raking, I blow the leaves up against a fence and then turn it around and use the vacuum/mulcher portion of the thing. Then I put it into the compost bin. Very useful stuff!

wvbreamfisherman

I just run the lawn mower over the leaves and it mulches them nicely. The only place I need to rake or leaf blow is the sunken part of my driveway where leaves collect.

jason

fear no beer
If I'm outside, it is good. ;) I really do not mind yard work. Yup, I'm the guy the enjoys mowing, and cleaning up the yard. Everything but weeding. It hurts my knees and back.

ponderosa

The lawnmower works fne at my house, and the chopped up leaves are good for my garden. My parents' yard has two ancient, really gigantic maple trees. There are A LOT of leaves. The only way to deal with that quantity is a rake. I sort of enjoy that kind of work though. In a couple of weeks after most of the leaves have fallen, I'll spend a few days there raking leaves, canning apples, putting their garden "to bed" for the winter, and making homemade donuts. It's our family's autumn ritual.

need2boutside

That sounds like fun Ponderosa! I don't mind raking the leaves, but I am not a fan of cleaning out the gutters. Besides the height it's just a nasty job!