Time

Dannytoo

The last of March can't get here quick enough. The weather here is starting to warm a little each week and I'm getting antsy. I have my first trip planned for the last weekend to go to Palo Duro canyon.
If the time doesn't get here soon I'm going to go broke buying gear getting ready.
Making this trip by myself, but really looking forward to hiking on the light house trail.
Is anyone else getting ready for a camping trip that they have been wanting to make for a long time?

Bojib

I don't have any trips planned in the too near future. For the year over all I do plan on trying to get out and get a few more camping trips in than I have in the past few years.

Been looking at all the places I'd like to go this year, it's pretty exciting to think about.

Dannytoo

Bojib, I have to plan my trips, if I didn't ether family or work would take up all my time. I'm not saying they are not important but time to to play, relax and recharge ones self doing something you enjoy is very importment also. I can take two or three days on a camping trip, it intergizes me and gets everything in prospective. It's a very good way to help keep my sanity.

Cappy

Peg and I don't plan so much, we prepare. This is our fix it up hitch. Camper has a leak in the slide out. Boat needs a new canvas top and a tune up, Geer getting cleaned oiled sharpened etc. Tackle boxes restocked and new spinning reels geting set up. fire pit, ole smokey, etc checked over and parts replaced as needed stuff aired out and restocked. Camp[er fully loaded and restocked when it gets back from the shop IF it aint drank all our refit funds up:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

ppine

Forester
DT,
Palo Duro is the best thing about N TX. It is a real surprise on the Llano Estacado to find the Commanche Stronghold and the Goodnight-Loving Trail. What a great idea to be there in the spring.

I just finished my first winter canoe trip. I have been trying to go on one for over 15 years. Once my brother and I planned to run the Rio Grande thru Big Bend, but it snowed and we cancelled. Nothing like a Norther in TX to wreck your outdooor plans.

edit- Stop buying equipment and get out there.

Last edited:

ejdixon

Bojib, I have to plan my trips, if I didn't ether family or work would take up all my time. I'm not saying they are not important but time to to play, relax and recharge ones self doing something you enjoy is very importment also. I can take two or three days on a camping trip, it intergizes me and gets everything in prospective. It's a very good way to help keep my sanity.
Same here, Danny! Back in my college days, I would often go on spur-of-the-moment camping trips just to get out and relax. Since I started working, it's a luxury I can no longer afford 'coz there are times that I need to report to work even during the weekend. Planning them out and filing my leaves ahead of time is the next best thing for me.

carmen

We have tried to set a few plans but something always crops up, the latest is a wedding that we are invited to and we found out about it last minute. I would love for the warm weather to catch up to us. I still have no clue how we have had winter days where it is 75 out and then this morning it dropped down to 22.

woodsman

I usually tale a trip whenever I have the time. There's rarely a weekend that I never go anywhere. The only reason why I might be cooped up at home is if I had an injury.

carmen

I think we will end up doing a few last minute surprise trips this year, last year was all about planning. This year I want to chuck that out the window and just be free to get up and go.

Grandpa

I thought it would be spur of the moment trips this year but the phone, emails and PM's have been busy this week. Looks like a 10 day trek in the Selway-Bitterroot wilderness is on as well as a week in the High Uintas. We already had our 4 generation trip planned for the Sawtooth wilderness so the summer is shaping up nicely.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Pathfinder1

I thought it would be spur of the moment trips this year but the phone, emails and PM's have been busy this week. Looks like a 10 day trek in the Selway-Bitterroot wilderness is on as well as a week in the High Uintas. We already had our 4 generation trip planned for the Sawtooth wilderness so the summer is shaping up nicely.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Hi...

Wish I could go with you. Do you have a sedan chair...??:tinysmile_hmm_t:

ponderosa

Well I'm going to have to spend 5 days at our church's girls' camp in July, and husband and I will both spend another 3 days at church youth conference in June. I don't count those as fun trips, just for the record. Worthwhile, but definitely not in the vacation category.

For fun, we are planning a week in southern Utah, probably the Zion NP vicinity, the last week of March. We'll be car camping and day hiking. In August my husband's brother is coming to visit with his 4 little boys for a week, so we're planning some camping, boating, and hiking with them here in eastern Idaho somewhere. We'd like to figure out how to do a 2 or 3 day backpacking trip, but with 6 little kids and just 3 adults, I'm not sure that's going to pan out. I'm hoping for a 4-5 day backpacking trip with my dad and brother sometime in Sept or early Oct...the Sawtooths, Bighorn Crags, or maybe the Wind Rivers. And we'll take a family camping road trip sometime before school starts for a week...maybe northern Idaho or Glacier. Or Colorado. Hubby and I have a "date" for this weekend to pencil all this in on the calendar and narrow down the destination options.

ponderosa

Ponderosa, are either of you on for the BSA centennial Jamboree June 26-29?

No, our ward is going but we are both off the hook for that one. Tim is actually not working with the youth at the moment, after many years of scout and young men positions. I'm a counselor in the young women. Our stake is going to Martins Cove for youth conference this year, and he and I are both going as as "ma and pa."

Pathfinder1

Well I'm going to have to spend 5 days at our church's girls' camp in July, and husband and I will both spend another 3 days at church youth conference in June. I don't count those as fun trips, just for the record. Worthwhile, but definitely not in the vacation category.

For fun, we are planning a week in southern Utah, probably the Zion NP vicinity, the last week of March. We'll be car camping and day hiking. In August my husband's brother is coming to visit with his 4 little boys for a week, so we're planning some camping, boating, and hiking with them here in eastern Idaho somewhere. We'd like to figure out how to do a 2 or 3 day backpacking trip, but with 6 little kids and just 3 adults, I'm not sure that's going to pan out. I'm hoping for a 4-5 day backpacking trip with my dad and brother sometime in Sept or early Oct...the Sawtooths, Bighorn Crags, or maybe the Wind Rivers. And we'll take a family camping road trip sometime before school starts for a week...maybe northern Idaho or Glacier. Or Colorado. Hubby and I have a "date" for this weekend to pencil all this in on the calendar and narrow down the destination options.

Hi...

What a full schedule. Good luck...!!

TakeAHike

84* here in Cleburne, Texas today!!
Coz, I hate you! Just kidding, but here I was thinking we were warm today at a balmy 37. I can't wait to get going on the camping and boating season. As soon as the ice breaks in the river we will get the boat out of storage. The seats are getting reupholstered right now. We hit the local lakes and stuff whenever we can and we will take long weekend camping trips.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Yesterday we had six inches of blizzard-like snow. Right now it's a blistering 52-degrees. Maybe Spring IS just around the corner, eh...?? There's still a lot of snow on the ground, though.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered...think of it as being blessed with lots of targets...!!