Trespassers

FireBuilder

I am the only hunter with permission to hunt on my friend's land. Every year I'll be down in his woods and will find other hunters who have snuck in from the back side. They use my tree stands, and even move my markers!

Do I have the right to call the sheriff on them? I ask them to leave, but, since I'm not the landowner, they don't always listen to me.

Thumper

I'd talk to your friend. You never know when he may have given someone else permission and forgot to tell you. Ask him if he wants you to call the cops when you find someone. Since you aren't the property owner, it would be fruitless for you to do so when he may not want to deal with it.

Bobby

What if you printed up some sort of card that you could carry stating that you have his permission to be there, and to call the sheriff on anyone who cannot show a similar card.

Last edited:

RatherBRiding

A personalized permit sounds like a great idea. It could state right on the permit that the permit holder has the right to take the name of any trespasser who can not show a like permit giving permission to be on the landowner's property. Sounds like an idea that could cut down on hunting accidents, too, by keeping people off of land where they don't belong.