Turducken

Foxyloxy

Have ya'll heard of this? It originated in southern Louisiana, but I think it became a more national concept several years ago. I think it's just the funniest thing so I wanted to share it with those of you who may not have heard of it. Turducken is a huge holiday dish in Louisiana instead of turkey or ham. The butchers take a de-boned chicken and place that inside of a de-boned duck and place that inside a de-boned turkey. In between each bird there is a layer of stuffing and then the whole thing is rolled tight and tied together. It is a really beautiful dish when you slice it because of it's many different layers, but the idea (and the name) just crack me up.

Wild Bill

I have heard of Turducken, but I have always wondered, how difficult is it to prepare.

Have you ever heard of Turbaconducken? Its basically Turducken wrapped in bacon.

drake

Wow I've never heard of Turducken before, I imagine that it must be a lot of work to prepare a dish like that. It could require a lot of ingredients for the dish to complete.

sarahbean

It definitely sounds like a lot of work but I'm not sure I'd care for this dish. I've never had duck but have always heard that it can be quite greasy. I'd love to hear from someone who has actually tried this dish.

Foxyloxy

It is a lot of work and they are quite expensive, on average of about $50, I think.

Sarahbean, you're right, duck can be very greasy if not prepared right. That said, I have never heard anyone complain about turducken being greasy. I'm not sure why, but evidently it is prepared in such a way that the duck grease doesn't take over the whole dish.