Turkey babies!

greengrass

We have had a lot of turkeys in our yard this summer. Must be a very promising turkey hunting season. You should see the number of poults! They are so cute.

campgirl

:( Oh how sad... I know it's nature and the food chain. It's just sad to hear about the cute babies and then hunting. Same goes for baby deer and hunting.

greengrass

It's the way of life. :) These babies will grow up and one day could be food on someone's table or food for a predator in the woods. Sad but true...

Bumpkin

Well, we don't shoot them when they're all cute and little, lol. I'm sure baby turkeys are adorable, but it won't be long before they strongly resemble what will be your main course on the fourth Thursday of November.

peanut

Do you have a picture? I don't think I've seen young turkeys in the wild. Are they furry like other birds appear to be when they're little and newly born?

Bruen

I do love cute animals, but I also love a good turkey dinner. It would be hard for me to slaughter my own animals. Even knowing that it would happen, I would still bond with them. I hunt wild animals and I always eat my kill, I don't do it just for sport.

southerngal

I have never seen a turkey baby either. Now I am going to have to surfing the web to see if I can find one. Cute or not when they are of age they just look like dinner!

CFlyer

Here are some pictures of poults I found in Google:

All creatures are cute when they are young (except for hyena maybe). But the food chain must continue or else the balance will be broken. My part is to eat the big turkey serve on the table.

greengrass

Yep, that second picture is about the size of what we had in the yard. They were so funny, rummaging through the garden. lol I haven't seen them again but we've been on the lookout!