Turkey Calls

Walking Man

Does anyone have a recommendation for a turkey call? I've never used one before but I thought I would try it this year. There are tons of turkeys around where I live and I've bagged one before but it was mostly, track and shoot. I'd like to try the call to see if it helps any.

CFlyer

I don't know if calling it without a bait would succeed. I don't know what kind of calls they will answer to but I try to imitate the male turkey when I'm near a turkey. Maybe live earthworms will help you catch one.

Cappy

Down here in the south there are 2 basic types of turkey calls. One is a mouth call, and the other is a scratch call. There is a wealth of videos on youtube showing ya how it should sound. you need to practice and imitate a hen clucking yelping etc. hunker down very camoflaged. I have friends who have camo socks for their guns and makeup for their faces and hands, Turkeys aint known as the most elusive game in the country for nothin. The idea is to sound like a lonely hen. When done right the Toms will come runnin' like sailors on shore leave.:tinysmile_tongue_t::tinysmile_shy_t: