Valentine's Day

RogerWilco

Does anyone have any big plans for their sweetheart this Valentine's Day? I think we will just have a quiet night at home with a nice dinner and maybe a movie.

Grandpa

Yep, grandma will be at the bowling alley with the girls and I'll be at a cub scout den meeting. But on Wednesday.......all this talk of hot springs and checking out the ones around me, the closest has a ribeye steak special with open hot pools and saunas, just for us adults. Hmmmmmmm

hippieP

We are not playing anything because this week we both have crazy work schedules going on and we are just going to be beaten after work, drive home with enough time to order in and go to sleep. One of us has 6 projects going on simultaneously and the other has 5. Its going to be a long week.

campclose

Grandpa you are so darn lucky! I want to move closer to you now. Nothing more romantic then a hot springs Valentine's date with your loved one!

Here, it's a school/work night - nothing too fun!

hikingprincess

We both have work that day too. With 12 hour days it is hard to try to plan something romantic. Besides that we just got back from a vacation anyway. We don't usually do too much for Valentine's Day anyway.

Hazel

My Honey Bunny always has great surprises planned for me. If it's PG, I'll let ya know what happened.

carmen

That is what I just said looking at today's date, dang this year has already gone by pretty quick. We have nothing planned since it lands on a weekday, maybe we will head out this weekend for a quick getaway if we remember.

ppine

Forester
Valentine's Day is an important day to tell people that you care about that you love them. That includes not only spouses, but family members and even really good friends.

oldsarge

Valentine's Day is an important day to tell people that you care about that you love them. That includes not only spouses, but family members and even really good friends.
I can do that any day. I don't need a Hallmark Holiday to convince me to spend more money. Now we have Sweetest Day too (what a crock)!

dinosaur

troublemaker
No.......nothing at all.
You sure are a stick in the mud. The day's over and I got two rabbits that are now stewing in a big pot of chili. If I'd known you were that much of a grinch I would have invited you over one state to hunt and have some chili.

oldsarge

I thought the Grinch was a Christmas thing....oh wait, I didn't do too much that day either, never mind!

ppine

Forester
Sarge,

Telling someone you love them doesn't cost anything. I suggest that all forum members send you some love bombs. Love is what makes life worth living. Love of a spouse, a child, family, love of friends, love of self, love of Nature, love of activities. We all need passion in our lives, and then need to recognize and honor that passion.

ponderosa

We went to the grocery store together (instead of me going alone and leaving hubby and kids home, like usual). After the store, we all went to dinner, at a kid-friendly buffet place. Just over one hour, two kids, five trips to the bathroom. Ahh, romance.:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Actually, as we were sitting there, cutting up food and mopping up spills, I was thinking it was the perfect Valentines day: a shared meal with my favorite three faces looking back at me, just doing our family thing.

Grandpa

Yep, I needed a special day to remind me to tell those special people a special thank you and love you. Like everything else, those words become rote memory on a daily basis and need a little jump start once in a while to make them meaningful.