Velveeta Cheese

Bud

While fishing with my grandfather once, we'd been fishing all day and caught nothing. As a last resort, he put on a hunk of Velveeta cheese and threw it out there. Two minutes later---bam! A nice black bass was hooked. Any unique baits you have used?

Lorax

When we were kids, we met another kid at the campground who was catching boatloads of trout. We were already avid fishermen but couldn't figure it out.

Slices of hot dogs.

I think they match the shape and color of the hatchery food. They were all stocked fish, but it worked!

YogiBear

My grandfather used to fish with slices of hotdogs and white raisins. He would catch some of the biggest and best fish with the white raisins, I never figured it out.

Sophia

I have never thought of fishing with a hunk of cheese! Bread chunks usually work well for me, but I don't think that is unusual for bait.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Cheese works well for trout and other species. I have carried Velveeta to slice and drop over wild asparagus after it has been steamed. Awesome stuff.

Bud

I wonder how you would do and what you would catch if you put on Velveeta AND hot dog slices!! Oh, and bread chunks were mentioned. Heck, could you please pass the relish?!