Watch your step!

crosscountry

I was hiking the other day and I fell in a dip/hole and almost sprained my ankle! Luckily I caught myself before I hurt myself too badly. Just a lesson to remind everyone that you should always watch where you walk.

BigBear

I learned this lesson the hard way. I was walking a trail I had walked many times. I guess I was a little too cocky and my foot slid one way and the rest of me went the other. I twisted my ankle and it was pretty sore. I limped my way back to the car.

HikingGuy

I have horrible ankles and it takes little or nothing for me to roll my ankles, I bought higher hiking boots just to help combat this its self.

Thumper

I've sprained about every muscle in my body at one time or another. I'm a natural born klutz. I've sprained my ankles so much, the doctor told me I would probably break them next time. I've fell and pulled muscles in my back which still gives me trouble occasionally. I've pulled the muscles in my shoulders, knees, neck, and elbows. If you can strain, sprain, pull, tear anything I've done it.

bokz

Thumper, that is very painful. Usually they take longer to heal. I'm also a natural born klutz but so far I've hurt my right ankle than my left one. I had an accident in a trail once but luckily my right ankle didn't bend. Just a little muscle swelling.

hikingprincess

Thumper you sound like me, I have sprained my ankle 2 times in 2 months. I barely had time to recover in between. Over the years I have also broken my left wrist 3 times, broken 2 fingers, sprained my lumbar, and dislocated my shoulder more than once. That is only the major injuries. I always watch where I am walking but it doesn't always help me.

hummingbird

Will all old members of the "klutz" club please stand! LOL Yeah, I've done that. I've sprained my ankle so bad that my poor husband had to help me out of the woods. Sometimes he just carried me cause it was easier. I keep ACE bandage wraps in my dresser drawers because I know I'll need them again.

Mysty1

This is almost exactly what happened to me, but unfortunately I did not catch myself and ended up on my backside (in the mud) with a hurting ankle. I was fortunate that it didn't hurt as much at the time and I was able to make it out on my own but if I wasn't I don't know what I would have done as I was with my young girls. Possibly rely on strangers.

Camoguy

Well you can make a make shift crutch if you need one. Just find a likely tree and start cutting. Then take any extra clothing or anything else that would cushion the crutch and put it on the arm piece. Then use it to hobble out with. This is why I use a hiking stick to help with uneven terrain.