Water Pack

Mysty1

Has anyone used or own the back pack style water pack? It's suppose to be good for short day trips where its hot and water is hard to come by, and its suppose to be convenient as it has a thin hose is attached and used like a straw so you don't have to even stop to drink.
But is it worth the price?

Peesalot

Has anyone used or own the back pack style water pack? It's suppose to be good for short day trips where its hot and water is hard to come by, and its suppose to be convenient as it has a thin hose is attached and used like a straw so you don't have to even stop to drink.
But is it worth the price?
It's worth it's weight in gold! My hydration bladder carries 3 liters of water and I find it much more convenient than carrying nalgene bottles alone. I also tend to drink more as it is easier to get to than having to pull out a nalgene. I use it for hiking and mountain biking and would be lost without it. I currently use the Camelbak brand, but have also used the cheap systems that WalMart stocks for $9. I prefer the spout on my Camelbak over the cheaper bag as it can be easily opened and closed to stop drips. I transfer my hydration system over to whatever backpack, or daypack I am using for the day. On hiking trips we always bring a filter as well and can easily fill up our hydration bladders along the way if need be.