Waterproof food containers?

ChadTower

Last year we ran into several instances of our food in the coolers eventually getting all wet because the containers weren't sealed well enough. Do folks have a truly water tight set of containers they prefer? Think family of four on a long weekend, two coolers, one for meat one for everything else. By monday a couple of times last year everything the cooler was sort of gross because it had been soaked.

woodsman

If it's soaked it's either due to a bad cooler or it was left out in the sun, due to temperature differences water vapors will form and that will also soak your food, it never happened to me however.

Gondor

First of all simple Tupperware won't do the trick, you need something dedicated and stronger. For example, you can opt for Pelican cases, which are not built for something like this but will hold even liquids. For meat and other solid foods you can use ALOKSAK bags which can simply be described as zip locks on steroids. :)

steves

First of all simple Tupperware won't do the trick, you need something dedicated and stronger.
Those lock n locks are quite strong (not your mothers typical containers) with a gasket around the lid and secure locks on each side. I don't think you can find anything more dedicated to food storage than Tupperware, I have filled them with boiling water and used them to re-hydrate and cook meals many times without fail.

Rider One

I'm a little late to this party, but I do agree with what everyone else has said. It's the cooler. We've never had problems, and we use Tupperware, too, by the way. The cooler is a good one, too.