We have one booked!

TakeAHike

We have a busy summer coming up with our new business so we planned ahead on vacation. We usually just take off for a long weekend whenever, but we won't be able to do that this year. We are going from July 11-July 17 and it should be a lot of fun.

TroyS

I envy you! I'm still trying to figure out my work schedule so that we'll be able to get out as much as I'd like to this coming summer.

TakeAHike

We both work for ourselves but we recently started a new business and we already have several projects booked that will keep us at home. We don't have to ask for vacation time but we can't get out as much as we would like to either.

Grandpa

When people retire, they stay busy or die. My dear family has taken it upon themselves to see I stay busy, regardless of all the things I had planned.:tinysmile_twink_t2: So I have less time to get out than I used to, but I will still make a few good outings.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

JeepThrills

I started looking at cabins today. I have no clue when to schedule our vacation for, however, so at the moment I am simply gathering information about the prices.

Grandpa

So true!

I have no idea where we are going next but it is nice when you can book in advance. Where are you heading off to? I think our next trip is a family reunion but after that who knows. :)
First week of June, we are hiking up the Selway river until we hit snow. I'm hoping to get 50 miles each way. This is a relative easy hike trying to get my conditioning back. Neighbor wants to go along for the pristine flyfishing. (Thats his excuse but I know he is concerned about my health and wants to make sure I'm okay)

Reed

Sounds like both a good excuse AND a good reason Grandpa. I usually go on my hikes and such solo. I like the solitude. Just me and mother nature. I do let other people know of my plans though and stay on the trailheads.

Cappy

When ya live 5 minutes from the boat launch, and five minutes from the river your day trips are kinda spur of the moment. We get a wild hair, throw stuff in the car, and call the neighborhood net work and let them know where we are going. Over nights require hooking up our camper, so we dont hafta alert the neighbors they see us gettin ready and come see if we need help? The only real plan, is if we bringing the dogs or not and getting a boarder. I aint got a clue where we going next month or this week fro that matter. We have a couple things we thinking about for the future and we may be heading west this summer Peggy aint never seen the Grand Canion or been to Utah so we may head that way but who knows. Das the way we roll.:tinysmile_tongue_t: I get 2 weeks off at a time so ya aint gotta do no scheduling. We have company today so its coffee au lait and beignets at a Cajun vilage kinda place then we thinking about either crawfishing or plantation touring what ever we do we gonna have a ball and I'll let ya know, later, cause the only thing for sure is it will be something out doors.

Scotty

Sounds that a wonderful trip, Cappy! You guys have fun and be careful on the road. We don't have anything planned, but we have a large lake nearby and access to a boat whenever they aren't using it, so we go when we want.

BGreen

We were planning a family trip that very same week. Today we found out one of the nieces will be getting married the same week. So, there goes our outdoor vacation. We'll have to be dressing up and going to church.

Grandpa

Another weekend here with no camping. Building a chicken coop at daughters then going to granddaughters college graduation tomorrow. Hurry June, hurry so I can escape this madness and get back to the wilderness so they leave me alone. (Another daughter has already learned of the chicken coop and now she wants one.)

TakeAHike

Grandpa, I am also hurrying June into existence. It means that camping and boating season can begin and it also means I can get my garden started. I love summer and all the outdoor time it brings with it!

BGreen, that really stinks but I guess you have to go to the wedding. If it was someone who wasn't a close family member, I would probably still take my vacation though.