Weird places to fish

peanut

Have you ever fished some place really weird that you wouldn't normally think of to fish at? Like a business's retaining pond or a creek near a power plant? lol

jason

fear no beer
There is a popular fishing spot, especially in the winter here. It is next to a power plant. not sure what type, but I've seen foam coming down the water from it. There is usually small fish there, not many big ones.

KeikoOka

There is a normal lake here but it is next door to a blue lake. When I say blue I mean sky blue, it is some sort of plant. I fish in the normal lake but it does seem weird.

J.R.

While I was in College, Northwest Missouri State, we used to fish in the surrounding farm ponds for Bass. One nice spring day, as a joke, a couple friends and I started fishing in a on campus pond outside of the business building, Colden Hall. We were just joking, but we started to catch huge Crappie and had a great time! The next day after classes, we went back out to fish, and the pond was surrounded by students fishing. the third day, the College had put up "No Fishing" signs.

Last edited:

paloma

That was really funny and original, J.R. The weirdest place I know where someone caught some really big fish is in a field where the rain washed out the fish from a nearby fish pond.

dinosaur

troublemaker
How about going underground and fishing for the blind cave fish. Or...you could got to New York City, open a manhole and fish for alligator. You can do the same thing in Chicago for the king rat. How about going to a wetland and casting into the air with a treble hook when you spook a bunch of ducks. Or you could climb a tree and plant your line on a branch with a big piece of velcro (squirrel fishing). Here's another, take your flyrod out in the evening in whip a small fly into the air until a bat takes it. Or...you could catch a mouse, wrap a collar around its' neck and tie it to your fishing line, cast it into an open field in the dark and slowly retrieve it (trolling for owl).