Wet, sloppy and happy

Bud

Have you ever been caught in the rain tent camping with big dogs along? It's a real treat, don't you think? Makes for a memorable trip!

Qweetzy

We have never taken one of the dogs camping. But then, we have little dogs and they would be a pain to keep track of. If you have bigger dogs it seems to go better with camping than a Chihuahua with a pink collar and a Pom with bows in her hair. (Wife's dogs, not mine).

Sophia

I can't say that I have ever had that problem, but I can only imagine! A certain damp, mildewy smell comes to mind, thinking about it.

Refrigerator

We have never taken one of the dogs camping. But then, we have little dogs and they would be a pain to keep track of. If you have bigger dogs it seems to go better with camping than a Chihuahua with a pink collar and a Pom with bows in her hair. (Wife's dogs, not mine).
You gave me my first really good smile today....I have never seen such a dog out backpacking but who knows what tomorrow will bring....Chihuahua with a pink collar and a Pom with bows in her hair. That is funny...thanks for the humor.

CatsEye

I don't know Refrigerator, some of the most vicious dogs I have faced have been small dogs. Large dogs are pretty easy going and usually think for a while before doing anything. Some of their intimidation factor is their size. I've been bitten by a Chihuahua before and it's not something I would prefer to have done again.

Refrigerator

I don't know Refrigerator, some of the most vicious dogs I have faced have been small dogs. Large dogs are pretty easy going and usually think for a while before doing anything. Some of their intimidation factor is their size. I've been bitten by a Chihuahua before and it's not something I would prefer to have done again.
Yea I have had dogs all my life from my first being a Chihuahua to Labs. Those Chihuahua can really go for the ankles and quick too. That was the only dog ever had that was high strung. Most of my dogs have been non violent and that is my preference.

Judy Ann

I taught myself to camp last year in Grayson Highlands, VA and it rained the whole time. My Bichon Frise had a blast hiking in the rain on the AT especially when we encountered some of the wild horses. I learned that a golf umbrella can double as a walking stick when climbing with a dog thrown over one shoulder when necessary and that good ventilation in a tent is handy with a wet dog at my feet. The tent didn't leak, the trails weren't crowded and I learned that even a small fire in the rain can chase away a chill. She likes her sweater when the temps reach 50 and below and has been known to get inside the bag with me at 40. OK, I dragged her inside to keep me warm!!!

dinosaur

troublemaker
A long time ago I was out with a buddy of mine fishing for bluegill off the shore in a cold April rain. We didn;t leave because the fish were biting and we managed a huge catch. In the middle of it we realized that even with our rain gear we were getting wet and cold. He knew it, I knew it. But, we were catching fish. I recalled a line from an old song by "The Who". It said, and I quoted it to him,: I get a buzz from being cold and wet, The pleasure seems to balance out the pain."

Sometimes it does.

oldsarge

everybody works for the Infantry...have you ever heard this oldsarge?

Yes...How true it is!

oldsarge

Every job in the military supports the Infantry. I don't think they are sorry xxxxx.

And that's the truth! I learned early on how much those others MOS's made our life easier and looked out for us in the long run. I always told my troops "humble yourself and treat those people with respect, don't act like your Gods gift to them, They have the power to make you life miserable". The last thing you want is some one messing with your pay, supply issues or loosing something of real importance like you leave request.