What animals can be ridden?

EyeOfThePark

I read this interesting article about a German girl training her cow to ride like a horse.

German Teen Regina Mayer Rides Cow Like a Horse

A cow, people, not a bull! So, basically, I'm curious about your opinion regarding what animals can be ridden by people. What domestic animals are large enough to carry a person on their back?

Grandpa

I've had several cows that gave the little ones rides. But I think my daughters have stole all those pics. However, they were small tots, not teens.

FreshAirLover

You can ride anything that's bigger than you and doesn't eat meat haha.
Not necessarily. You can't ride kangaroos, although they don't eat meat, and some of them can grow larger than a regular human. However, carnivorous animals can be tamed to carry humans on their backs (e.g.: lions and tigers at the circus).

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
Not necessarily. You can't ride kangaroos, although they don't eat meat, and some of them can grow larger than a regular human. However, carnivorous animals can be tamed to carry humans on their backs (e.g.: lions and tigers at the circus).
By all means jump on a lion or a tiger, lemme know how that turns out for you. :tinysmile_tongue_t:

dinosaur

troublemaker
Generally accepted animals for riding include llama, horse, pony, camel, ostrich, donkey, zebras, elephants and oxen. That's nine. I didn't include mules for obvious reasons.

CatsEye

I've seen a bull that was broke to ride before. It was a Brahma and the guy broke it to saddle. I wouldn't have ridden the thing with those horns but he did.

Dinosaur-I used to have a mule we rode. We also plowed with him too. But he could jump a fence in a heartbeat if you didn't stake him out in the field. Durned mule.

orchard

We have a friend that is the five dollar friend, pretty much for five bucks he will try anything at least once sometimes twice if we are lucky. Great buddy to have during parties, last time we paid him to stick his tongue to a frozen light pole outside. I am sure for 10 bucks we could get him to attempt to ride most any animal.

Grandpa

We have a friend that is the five dollar friend, pretty much for five bucks he will try anything at least once sometimes twice if we are lucky. Great buddy to have during parties, last time we paid him to stick his tongue to a frozen light pole outside. I am sure for 10 bucks we could get him to attempt to ride most any animal.
Kid down the road years ago ate a nightcrawler for $3.22