what are the advantages and disadvantages of Trekking?

liebe911

What are the advantages and disadvantages of going Trekking? Have you ever felt any discuss?

zinta

well Trekking has advantages and disadvantages as well.....the body remains healthy and fit... the mind works in a full fledged way....but it could be quite tiring if you go on a very far trekking spot.....time also matters.....trekking in midnight should be avoided in a hilly area(specially).....

HereToday

Well, I've learned that there are people who like to trek, and there are people who don't (like me). I don't mind a little hike to get to a nice lake or to see a beautiful view, but trekking for miles is not my cup of tea.
My brother, though, is a hardcore trekker. When we were kids, he just loved to trek for miles and miles, up mountains, up cliffs, etc. Our poor old shnauzer dog and I would be begging for mercy after awhile. When we finally got back to the trailer I would vow to never get hoodwinked into trekking. Somehow, though, he always got me out there.
So count me in for lounging in a hammock, or sitting on a comfortable rock looking at the beauty all around me.

pavan

In my view trekking involves both advantages and disadvantages like it involves extended hikes into road less areas accompanied by a support staff of guides and assistants. Sometimes u might also have porters.
Thirpole trekking are graded interms of difficulty. It depends on where u want to go or how long you want to go. Trekking a very long distance needs a lot og physical fitness.

sunny

You will enjoy it but you will be incredibly tired. And the most difficult thing is bag packing while leaving.

henry

Yeah there are certain advantages and disadvantages while trekking. One of the advantage is you will relieve from stress and be very happy as you are enjoying and having fun. One of the disadvantage is you will be very tired.

richy

Most outdoor equipment retailers will carry trekking poles. These poles are a great piece of equipment to bring along on a hike. They are telescoping so you can adjust them to your desired height. When you are hiking uphill you will want them shorter and then you can extend them when you are on a downhill hike. If you don't have trekking poles you could alternatively use ski poles or a regular walking stick.

tpk

Advantages---
good fit body and enjoyment
disadvantages==
dizziness n allergy may appear for weak people

anand

flexibility in departure date. you can change your departure date by 1-2 days until one week before departure, depending on guide availability. (less likely in the high season)flexibility in your hiking pace. flexibility to alter your route according to your needs and the parameters of your toursense of truly "adventuring"
personalised attention from guide and staff.

slide

Some advantages are,
You will be fit, enjoy a lot, will have different experience.
Disadvantages,
allergies, tiredness.