What bites?

outwest

I was bitten by something within the last day or so, it first felt like a misquote bite but now I am not too sure. It almost looks like two little fangs snagged my leg and each puncture is about 1/3rd of an inch apart. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Jobiwan

1/3 of an inch? I think ya got bit twice. A tarantula bite (the largest) has a fang span of a quarter of an inch or less but they rarely bite. You would know it instantly if they did. It's like a really bad bee sting.

Hikebike

A vampire? Seriously now who knows right? Could it have been a really bit spider? I know they bite a lot and the bites are awful (itchy and really red). There are many things that bite right now.

Valdaree

Depends where you are. Here in the UK it could be an adder but I reckon you'd have felt it at the time. Do you have snakes where you live? The other thing that bites us here is a horsefly and they can be very nasty indeed.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Horseflies and blackflies leave nasty holes and you know immediately when you are being bit. I don't think Outwest knew he had been bitten until well after it happened.

The snake theory is also a bit farfetched. One tends to feel fangs even from a spider.

The only insects I know, although I am certain there are many others, in the U.S. that can bite leaving you unaware at first are mosquitoes and chiggers.

dinosaur

troublemaker
True, Chad. Ticks leave a small mark. But they generally hang on for days while they suck your blood.