What is your favorite camping breakfast?

Pathfinder1

mariaandrea;Hash, cooked in a cast iron skillet over a campfire so it gets a smoky flavor. Diced potatoes, onions and red peppers, with a little truffle salt and pepper, or paprika. Then, poached eggs served on top, with a side of cheesy grits. That gets us going.

Oh, and French press coffee.

Hi...

Do you have servants? :tinysmile_grin_t:

huullk

My favorite camping breakfast would be bread with fried egg and coffee. We don't have big breakfast because almost everyone is lazy to wake up in the morning. So whoever wakes up first will usually cook food that is easy to prepare like frying egg and boiling water for coffee.

aldove

I love the smell of buttered toast and sunny-side up egg on top of it, with hash browns and a cup of fruit cocktail on the side. A warm chocolate milk completes the entire breakfast meal!

dinosaur

troublemaker
Don't you coffee drinkers know that stuff is bad for you?
How do you figure that? It smells great, tastes great, warms you, and has more antioxidants than an orange.

My favorite camp breakfast is a bluegill omelet. You have to go catch about six bluegill and fillet them before breakfast but it's worth it. Fry the fillets first and put them on the side. Toss in the eggs and add tomato, onion, and green pepper. Put the bluegill in at the end and just before you fold it over, add cheese. Serve with buttered (not margarined) toast and American fries.