What is your recipe for fresh caught trout cooked over a campfire?

toastedmarshmallow

Looking for additional methods and or recipes for cooking trout over a campfire.
Here's mine. I wouldn't do this often but once in a while, I think its okay.

My family has been cooking fish this way when camping for as long as I can remember.

Take a deep skillet, melt 1 full pound of butter slowly and then gradually let it get nice and hot. Drop the fresh caught and cleaned fish in the hot butter and fry them until they start to fall apart. Salt and pepper to taste and add fresh lemon if you like.

It's sinfully delicious.:tinysmile_tongue_t:

enzo

How about grilling a fresh trout or two over the campfire using a foil? Clean the fish and remove the head, internal organs and wash well then sprinkle the inside of the fish with seasonings and stuff some chopped onions. If you use Pam (cooking spray), you can spray the outer layers of the fish and sprinkle it with seasonings. Wrap the fish with three bacon slices to secure the inside stuffing. Spray the foil with Pam, place the fish on the sprayed foil and wrap it securely then place over the grill with fire for about 20 minutes or longer depending on the size of the fish.

sarahbean

You can do this in a cast iron skillet or wrapped in foil - depends on what you're doing for the fire. Place cleaned fish in skillet or on foil, put a couple pats of butter inside (assuming skin still on), a bit of salt and pepper and then pour some beer over it (just a bit). A few minutes into cooking, pour a bit more beer over to baste. When you're done, you won't taste the beer but it's so good.