What kind of stroke do you use?

mountainguy

I find that I mainly rely on the breast stroke, front crawl is my second option but that can tire me out pretty fast, so what about everybody else?

Grandpa

I can go hours on the side stroke. Uhhhh make that used to go hours on the sidestroke.

slogger

I can just about handle the breaststroke on a good day and with loads of floating on my back in between stints! I'm not a great swimmer, as you can probably tell.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

oldsarge

Breast stroke for me, then switch to side for a nice change. Back stroke is good for taking a break but I could never quite get the rhythm of the basic over hand stroke. I would start out good but then end up getting my breathing out of sync when my face would be in the water.

Camoguy

Anything that will keep me afloat and still going forward. :) I'm not much of a swimmer but I can stay afloat using the dog paddle. I can't stand for my nose to get into the water so it's about all I can do.

ChadTower

I ran a sprint triathlon a couple years ago and was the only one doing it backstroke. Yeah, I was slower than the rest in the water, but I expended almost no energy in there and made it up plus more on the land. :D

campclose

I'm not much of a swimmer - I am more of a floater! When I swim I start with the breast stroke and then almost always flip over to the back stroke. The back stroke is the easiest when I'm tired.