What Type Of Christmas Tree Do You Like?

Qweetzy

I love the blue spruce for a Christmas Tree. My wife and I both love the look of this beautiful, bluish green tree. We usually wait until a week before Christmas before we cut one. We planted about 20 about 10 years ago so we could use them for just this purpose. They are about the right size and look great. What species do you like?

SweetSassyLady

Blue spruce are beautiful, but I don't really have a preference. As long as they are fairly symmetrical and full, I will go for it. I prefer a real tree but if I have to, I'll pull out the old artificial tree. We had a potted tree last year and planted it after we got done with it this spring.

Grandpa

I like Blue Spruce and have 10 or 15 of them around the yard but Douglas fir is the most common tree in our cutting zone.

rockytibby

I love the White Firs myself, they have space in between the branches so you can hang ornaments close to the trunk. We put our up before Thanksgiving and they are still very green after we take it down. No needles to deal with either.

candycane

I have no idea which kind I like...I guess I like them all. Blue spruce are really nice, but I also like a balsam fir. One year we got a tree that had pine needles that smelled like oranges. That was a pretty tree!

huntergal

I like either a scotch pine or eastern white pine. I just love the softness of the needles because they don't hurt then you have to reach into the tree to move it or when you are decorating. I tend to go more on looks than tree type, though, so you never know what kind of tree will come in the front door!

Jumper79

I love all of the real trees, especially the blue spruce. I do tend to look for the "perfect" ones though. I don't like big gaps between the branches or if they are fuller on one side than the other.

hummingbird

I don't mind which type we get as long as it's pretty. I've even dealt with a lop sided tree by putting it in a corner and propping it up. :) I can work with just about anything.

HikerJoe

Every year I sneak into the White Mountains in California and chop down an ancient Bristlecone Pine tree for Christmas.

Tubby

I don't mind what kind. I let my wife worry about the looks. I provide the muscle. I'm the one who does the chopping and I'm the one who drags it out. I also set it up when we get to the house. I let her do the decorating and watering and such.

CozInCowtown

Fold it up and put it back in the box when finished....I get out voted by the wife and kids though and I end up dealing with another live one every year.
Bah, Hummbug.
DC

oldsarge

One with lots of gifts under it....not necessarily for me. Tons of gifts shows folks are doing well and can afford to give, it's a good thing!