What's on your "must have" camping food list?

Corky

When we go camping, the last thing I want to have to do is cook 3 meals a day. So there are some things I have to have to make life easier when we camp. I always get the coffee singles and instant oatmeal, and I boil a dozen eggs before we go. So, boil a pot of water, and breakfast is served. Lunch usually consists of sandwiches. I get a variety of the small cans of sandwich spread and a loaf of bread, and sometimes I'll pick up the noodle soup cups that require just boiling water. Dinner, if we're lucky, is usually the catch of the day. If there is no catch of the day, we always have some kind of meat to cook along with some potatoes and a vegetable. Just add a few snacks, like jerky, fruit, and trail mix, and we're good to go. That's my must have list. What's on your list?

campclose

We take a lot of food, camping to me is food! We always have corn on the cob and salt potatoes. We use the potatoes (leftover) for home fries the next morning. We usually camp with 3 other families and we all take turns cooking.

Archer

I'm all about burgers and hot dogs for longer camping trips. They're fairly acceptable to have every other day among our group. Cheese balls are a popular snack, as well.

javen

I'm into grilled sandwiches so I would bring some sandwich fillings like chicken fillet, lettuce, cheese, mayonnaise, sliced tomatoes, ham and mustard on a camping trip. I also bring seafood instant cup noodles, I will just need to boil some water to pour on it. And pasta! I would bring a bowl of cooked pasta for an entire day and some spaghetti sauce so they'll be ready to be eaten.

Baleigh

I'm a junk food junkie when I go camping. Everything I avoid like the plague when I'm at home, is pretty much on the camping menu. Sandwiches, chips, cookies, and soda. If I'm lucky, I'll go with friends that enjoy cooking and I won't have to worry about it. When I cook, I need a real kitchen.

Lovefall

We are all about hots and hams too and chicken! Things that can be grilled, we marinate at home and then grill and eat. We also take chips and snacky items. We always have way too much food.

Pebbles

We always have dogs and burgers, corn and potatoes. But the other thing I've brought the last few times that has gone over big, chili. I make it a few days before we go and freeze a couple servings to bring along.

OpenAir

We have consistently been bad with the catch of the day so we tend to carry some kind of dehydrated meat replacement for our main meal. That way we haven't got to worry when we fail (again).

Barney

I like to bring sandwiches, but camping is very active for me so I don't like to cook too much while I'm in nature. Therefore I bring emergency food packages which are so convenient and light.

Hilltopper

Well, I laugh a bit just thinking about it, but we always bring baked beans. I figure the family loves them and at least this way I don't have to worry about the after effects being dispersed in the house. I just make sure I'm not downwind.:tinysmile_tongue_t:

OpenAir

How very Blazing Saddles of you!! Beans are a good camping food, and certainly safer than having them at home. I just don't like the weight of a hydrated, canned food like that.

enzo

Cooked pasta in a plastic container, spaghetti sauce in a separate container, some ready to eat prepared and cut vegetables, bread and fruits. I also bring an emergency knife with me to peel fruits and some liquids if I get dehydrated.