What's the largest group of people you have gone camping with?

Luvoutdoors

What is the largest group of people you have ever gone camping with? I think our largest camping adventure was with a group of about 20 people.

peanut

It depends - are you speaking of the original number that you started with? Or the number of people who gathered together during the trip? Haha! We've gone with about 15 or 16 at once but ended up meeting new friends and making it a much larger group.

Grady

Same here, Peanut. We've gone with about 8 people and met up with other friends staying at the same campground. Our original group would share a campsite and everybody else would have their own, but we'd all be together pretty much all the time. Good times :)

trader

As an adult, 4. When I was a kid, probably about 12 with my cub scout group. I like to keep my camping trips a family affair.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
Interestingly, I just got back from my wife's family reunion and holidays and there were between 120 and 150 of us. Some were in a motel though, and it wasn't really a camping trip as much as it was a huge party that involved camping-as-accommodation.

I think the largest group that was back country specific was a wheeling trip on the Whipsaw trail near Princeton BC. I think there were around 20 people in 11 Jeeps and we were 150 km (around 90-95 miles) off highway. That was an epic adventure.

None of us had met before the trip, and myself and another guy organized it through our local Jeep club forum. People who committed to the excursion came from hundreds of miles in different directions, met up in 2 or 3 spots, and completed the trip with minimal fuss.

One fuss was that my old Jeep gave up the ghost before we even got to the trail head, so my son and I limped home and exchanged for his lifted Durango. We actually ran the first part of it ourselves in the black of night as the main group had gone ahead, not expecting us to return. We ended up stuck on a rock shelf at 6200 feet and slept right on the trail. Morning's light saw us unstuck quickly and back on our way. We were never so happy to run into a bunch of Jeeps miles from nowhere!

A small group of us stayed in the bush an extra night and day, and have become good friends. We still camp and explore together.