What's the silliest/most obvious thing you've forgotten?

Pebbles

This past summer on one of our trips, we forgot the meat we were going to grill. We had snacks and condiments but nothing to throw over the fire. Hubby thought I threw it into the cooler and I though he took care of it.:tinysmile_aha_t: Hubby made a quick trip into town to remedy the situation.

What have you forgotten and how did you fix it, or get along without it?

Shanna

Well, I hate to admit this but I forgot my underwear once. We had to stop in the town before the campground and let me buy some new. I WOULD NOT have gone without it.

climber4life

We forgot our tent! I thought that my brother packed it, he thought I packed it. Boy were we surprised when we stopped for the night. :( We had to stay at a motel and buy a new one the next day.

Gopher

Toilet paper!!!! Believe me, I go nowhere in the wild without biodegradable toilet paper. The wife forgot to stock up before we left and we had to stop at the outdoor supply store and get some. I am not using leaves!!!

Lightfoot

We've forgotten toilet paper before too. I don't mind all that much, but my wife flipped out. She's never forgotten to pack it since then!

tentwolfette

The very first time we went camping we didn't have any food, wood, or even any kind of any camping supplies. Other then clothes, tent and sleeping bags. Still had a great time though we went to saratoga ny. Good thing we only went for two days. Now were pros.we stay for at least five to seven days out of each month in camping season in ny. And almost eveywere we go is primative camping.and haven't forgotten anything we couldn't do with out. We started making lists and checking them three or for times as we pack the truck up.

Traveler

In one of our camping trips, we forgot to bring a lighter or a matchstick. Nobody in the group has one and we resorted to making fire the old way.My hands got calloused after rubbing a piece of wood in between my hands.