which is your best vegi meal ?

vinny

my best vegi meal is curry and rice with chapati aswell.what do you think in vegi meal ? which is your favorite meal ?
i eat vegi meal everyday and what do you think about eat vegi meal everyday?

SQuirrel

If you get down on dairy I like good ol fashioned bread cheese and fruits. Tasty, easy, no stove to weigh your pack down.

I also love grilled green onions. Usually with carne asada, but you don't ned the meat for them to be tasty. Grilled cepolini onions are bombtastic too sweet tiny and beutiful. I buy them at stater bros but there a bit expensive.

Thai foods are good and healthy too. When you mix peanuts and rice you get all the amino acids you need for a complete protein. Oh and for that matter Spirulina has a complete protein and a half. It is an algae I beleive, but Odwalla makes a super food bar that has a healthy dose of it in there, and then it's sweetened with pearjuice or grape juice. Pretty tasty, lightweight easy, and keeps you going.

I eat meat, I just don't need it with every meal.

mom2manyboyz

Oh, you know I just like a mix chopped up very small and grilled or browned a bit. Corn, eggplant, zuchini, potatoes, onions, garlic, throw a bit of anything in with some olive oil or coconut oil. :)

tater03

I am not big on veggies so don't live an all veggie lifestyle. I would have to go with cheese and veggie platters. I like raw veggies over cooked.

Thomas

My favorite vegi meal recipe is:

Grilled Pesto Turkey Steaks And Balsamic Pesto Vegetables!
This is a fantasticly simple recipe that takes longer to prepare then to cook. This is also great as a cold buffet dish or as a hot entree.
Its best to make fresh pesto but there are great products at the market.

Ingredients
24 oz. Raw Turkey Breast sliced in to Steaks Length ways
8 oz. Jar Fresh Pesto
(sundried tomatopesto optional)
8 oz. Olive Oil
tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1 oz. Red Wine Vinegar
3oz. of Balsamic Vinegar
1 Lb. Fresh Asperagus trimed
3 medium Red Onions peeled & cut in half width ways
8 Fresh Roma Tomatos cut in half from top to bottom
3 Small Zuchini cut on a bias into 1/2 inch medallions
12 small Red bliss potato sliedin half
Fresh Basil Leaves and Yellow Grape tomatos to Garnish

Preparation
Slice the Turkey breasts length ways apx. 6 oz ea., and place them in a baking dish large enough to lay them side by side to merinate.
Mix together the pesto, salt, pepper, red vinegar and olive oil. Use just enough of the mixture to cover both sides of the turkey steaks.
Take the remaining pesto and add the balsamic vinegar and adjust seasoning to taste.
Place the preped vegetables in another dish large enough to fit all the vegies and pour enough of the Balsamic viegrett to lightly cover or toss the vegies in. Reserving just enough to brush the steaks and vegies when grilling.
Let Steaks and vegies marinate at least 1-2 hours. Vegies 1 Hour.Steaks can marinate over night if needed.
Grill the Turkey as you would any steak to medium temperature as the carry over heat will cuntinue to cook as you grill the vegetables.
Put the tomatos on the grill cut side down first (2 mins ea. side)then add the remaining vegetebels. when done arrange grilled vegie alternating colors on a large oval platter and fan the steaks on top. Garnis with yellow pear tomatos and basil bunch in the middle.

HereToday

I'll have to take issue with turkey; that is not veggie at all. I know that some people don't eat beef, pork, etc, but they do eat chicken or fish. That's not vegetarian; it's still flesh, and that is what veggies abstain from. As Linda McCartney says, she ate nothing "with a face".
That said, my hubby's favorite veggie-meal are burritos. We use the Rosarita refried beans and flour tortillas made without lard. We like to use cheese, sour cream, and salsa as a base for the beans. Then we load it up with whatever we have: tomato, avocado, olives, veggie "crumbles", chopped onion, for example. We always have leftovers, and we wrap them in foil. Take some on your next camping trip; they easily heat up, are filling, and are giving you protein galore for all that hiking and swimming you plan to do.

shaan

Pav bhaji is a very traditional street dish in Mumbai, but over here it's one of our go-to weekend recipes, on account of its simplicity. A typical Gujarati meal is usually two curries, rotis, rice and dal - just imagine all the dirty dishes that pile up! That's why I love this recipe so much, especially on days when I don't have a lot of time or energy but I still want a comforting, home-cooked meal; it requires just one pot, and once all the veggies are prepped, it comes together pretty quickly.

henry

Vegetarian food, sandwich with lots of cheese and fruits in it. I love cheese a lot and with it i can eat any veg food.

HereToday

I love split pea dahl. That's really delicious, and another simple, excellent, sort of protein. With a chapati, it can't be beat.

steven

CHEESE AND VEGETABLE MEAL IN A KUGEL

1 lb. spinach noodles, cooked al dente
1 lb. cottage cheese
1 c. grated Cheddar cheese
4 tbsp. butter or oil
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. tarragon
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
Pepper to taste
1 bunch cooked fresh broccoli, diced
1/2 head steamed cauliflower, diced
1 sliced onion, sauteed
8 oz. mushrooms, raw & sliced

Drain noodles and mix all ingredients together lightly. Top with additional 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese and mushrooms to garnish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese bubbles and browns.

richy

Grilled Marinated Mushrooms with Cajun Mustard Ranch Sauce
This recipe can be served as an appetizer before the big game or as an accompaniment to a thick charcoal grilled steak. When the mushrooms are gone, be sure and save the sauce. The Cajun Mustard Ranch sauce will not only score on mushrooms, but is a great sandwich topper and a delicious dip for all grilled foods.

anand

MIXED VEG-ALL HOT DISH

1 1/2 to 2 lbs. hamburger
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 c. celery, diced
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can chicken and rice soup
1 can mixed Veg-All, with juice
4 tsp. soy sauce
2 c. chow mein noodles

Brown meat, onion, and celery. Mix with Veg-All, soups, chow mein noodles and soy sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.