Which season is best for trekking ?

indian

I want to know which is the best season for trekking, Winter, Summer or Monsoon ?
If somebody say Winter is the best season, Why ?
If somebody say Summer is the best season, Why ?
If somebody say Monsoon is the best, Why ?
Give your comments with some tips.

paaro

I think winter season is the best season for trekking in India, since in India winter season it queit cold season and it will help you to to carry less amount of water with your self whiach will reduce your backpacking, and in winter you will be able to find very beautiful scenery around you, so enjoy your trekking experience

HereToday

Best season

It's just about impossible to rival the beauty and majesty of southwestern Tennessee in the autumn. The trees are brilliant colors, the weather is mild and you might get to see a few critters.

Kev

Some good points raised in this thread. I personally would not wish to be trekking in India during the summer and I'm sure others are like me too. I personally of autumn as the best of the seasons. As mentioned above, some vivid colours on display and the temperature is more suitable in my opinion.

pavan

Spring, from March to May, is warm and dusty with rain showers. Summer, from June to August, is the monsoon season when the hills turn lush and green. Autumn, from September to November, is cool with clear skies, and is the most popular trekking season. In winter, from December to February, it is cold at night and can be foggy in the early morning, but afternoons are usually clear and pleasant, though there is occasional snow in the mountains.

shaan

Autumn (September to November)

This season offers excellent weather and tantalizing mountain views. Temperature are moderate, making it a good time for any trekking. The skies are generally clear with outstanding views. Occasionally short storms may dump considerable snow at high altitudes.

Winter (December to February)

This season is noted for occasional snowfall only at higher elevations. Hence it is ideal for trekking at lower elevation, generally below 3000 meters.

Spring (March to May)

Different varieties if wild flowers, specially the rhododendrons make the hillside above 3000 m. a hunting paradise during this season. It is mildly warm at lower elevations and at higher elevation, over 4000m, the Mountain View are excellent while the temperature is quite moderate.

Summer (June to August)

Summer months continue up to mid September making travel wet and warm. These times are blessed for the keen botanist as the higher valleys and meadows blossom with flowers and lush vegetation. It is recommended to carry insect repellents when trekking during these summer months.

henry

I prefer summer as we wont have any trouble in climbing and we will have enough light to have adventure. Other season have some king of problem like in rainy season we cannot trek as there will be too much water flow.

tpk

Backpacking combines hiking and camping in a single trip. A backpacker hikes into the back country to spend one or more nights there, and carries supplies and equipment to satisfy sleeping and eating needs.
I think spring is the best season especially in north india as there would be no hindrances like excessive snowing,flooding,freezing temperatures etc.....

tpk

The spring has the right effect with mountains covered with beautiful coniferous trees.....different species of animals coming out at spring.....an amazingly warm feeling which makes spring season a perfect time for backpacking

richy

Summer: Jun-Aug Summer months really continue up to mid-September making travel wet and warm. These times are blessed for the keen botanist as the higher valleys and meadows blossom with flowers and lush vegetation. Insect repellent is a nice addition to your What to Bring list. During this season, you can trek in the rain-shadow (places are out of reach of the rain clouds because of the high mountains) areas north of the Himalaya like Mustang and Dolpo.

slide

I like spring season very much. The viewis entirely different during spring. That too in mountains, its awesome.