Which tent should I get?

Thelosthiker

I am going camping at the grand canyon north rim this August, cant wait!!! and I was planning on sleeping in a tent by myself instead of sharing it with my sisters. What tent do you think I should purchase? I dont want to go anything over 150. I would like a 2 person tent so I can have some extra space. I want this tent to last me quite some time.
What tent do you recommend?

mi77915

I purchased a (2) man tent just recently. Only had it out for a couple of over night stays so far. I got the REI "Passage 2" tent. It lists on REI's site for $149.00 and it has worked well for me so far. If you have a REI membership, you can get 20% off and free shipping until 4/10/00. Hope this helps.

FreshAirLover

Do you want to purchase the tent from a store, or order it online? 'Cause in a store there should be some assistant to offer you guidance regarding each tent model.

There's no particular brand that I can recommend; you should browse an online catalog and decide which one you like best.

Ilovelife

You want to check out the Warranty on the tent, as well as make sure that you find out the tents waterproofing instructions. Any tent you plan to have for a long time needs to be taken care of. Also the Eureka Apex, is a great tent.

DThewanderer

I dunno, I looked at the link with that one and it is not as spacey as some of the other two person tents. I personally think it is a bit low, although that is good if you are camping in really windy areas.

freedommachine

Heck go to walmart for like 20 to 30 bucks if not less you could have a tent that will last for years. All 3 of my tents our from walmart. One has been around 10-15years, been through multiple exteneded rain and snow camping trips.Still going strong. It has been through rain and snow put away wet and left tell it could be put up later and dried,it never has rotted away. Years of dog claws on the floor and still going. Me and my wife have a 10x11 cabin tent,10x16 and a 7x7 dome tent all from walmart. I got 3 tents but the next one will probably come from walmart again. You get a good tent for cheap and get extra spending money left over for other camping gear.

Newanderthal

The Eureka Apex 2 is large enough for my girlfriend and I, plus both our backpacks and boots under the vestibules on either side, plus room for flashlights, snacks, and water bottles inside. So, for one person, it should be plenty spacious.

As far as height, you can't stand in it, but can sit up with plenty of headroom. To stand, you have to buy a large dome or cabin tent, made for 6+ people. Definitely not for backpacking.