Who loves thunderstorms?

jason

fear no beer
So it seems people either love them or hate them. I personally love them. Even better at night when you can watch the lightning.

poster25

I would have to say that I hate them. I am afraid of the aftermath of possible lightening fires. However, I love the way the earth smells afterwards.

Kitten

I love them! I love watching lightning and listening to the thunder roar. Of course they can sometimes do damage, but I'm not scared of them. I find them fascinating.

kernow

They don't bother me, I like watching thunderstorms over the sea, they can be really spectacular.

deltic

I wouldn't want to be out in a thunder storm but I like watching them from the safety of the house.

Barney

I adore thunderstorms. There is a certain thrill about them that you can't produce with anything else. It's like an extreme sports but just for viewers :D I feel like a little kid while watching those beasts rage across the sky, it's magnificent!

Stephen

Wilderness Guide
I was in Daniel boone National forest for my B-day last weekend, it poured, thundered, lightning evreything. Loved it........

marky

I've always loved thunderstorms ever since I was a child. Yeah, they can be dangerous at times, but I always get a visceral thrill whenever one rolls around. It's Nature at her most primal. There's nothing like standing out in the storm (as long as it's safe, of course), and feeling the wind in your hair and the rain on your face. :)

greengrass

Thunderstorms are awesome! I have always found them fascinating. But now that I'm older and have young children they are not nearly as fun. My kids, especially the youngest, hate them and cannot sleep through them. And if the power goes out? Ugh. I hate that part!

But I still like hearing the rumble of thunder in the distance. It's great!

elizaTN

I love them! I especially love the day after an electric storm, everything is so much greener outside and the air is crystal clear!

firefly

I don`t mind small thunder storms. But I live in Florida. We are starting our hurricane season June 1st. The lightening and thunder can be really scary at times here. I do love the sound of rain when I sleep but not the boom boom and crackle of the hurricanes. No way not me. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

HereToday

I agree that thunderstorms over the ocean are spectacular. The sound over the water is unlike any other sound I've heard. We will wake up some nights in the middle of a thunderstorm. It's really nice to be comfy under warm blankets while the lightning zigzags and the thunder booms!

countrychick

I love thunderstorms! I live out in the country and when it storms it's really a beautiful site. I think it's relaxing and I love the smell.

katharina

Most of the time I like watching/hearing a storm. There was a time when it had changed for a little while, though.

My brother and his family had been visiting and were leaving during a storm. We were all standing near the door to say goodbye and lightning struck a tree right outside the door. We all just looked at each other and everyone had felt the static in our bodies. Too creepy to be so close!

It turned me against liking storms for a while, but I'm back to "normal" now... just don't knock on my door during a storm because I won't open it. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

HereToday

The last few days the air has been really electric, and grey clouds are scudding around in the sky. The day before we were seeing the lightning flash and the thunder really loud. Last night the thunder was incredibly loud, but we didn't see any lightning flashes. I'll take it however it happens. I love to open the curtains and look out the sliding windows, it's better than TV.