Why do people do this?

lovetohunt

Grrr... I've been looking for a camper (used one) and every one that I have went to look at has had something done to it. The people think ripping out beds will make the camper sell?

cookielover

That seems a little odd, are they replacing that area with something else that would be useful or just trying to be savvy about things? That honestly seems like the dumbest idea in the world.

FernGully

Maybe they thought that they could fit more people in it if they used cots or sleeping bags and could have fold up tables or something. Some people think they can invent a better wheel.

wildberry

Wow, that is a big part of using a camper. The reason I am thinking about getting one is just for the beds! LOL!! I can handle cooking outside and everything else. I can't imagine, unless they need more room to play cards with their camping buddies?

BigBear

That does seem kind of silly, unless they were planning on replacing them and them or upgrading and decided it wasn't worth the effort. You should be able to get it for a steal I would think.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

lovetohunt

I don't know why they do! It irritates me to no end. The last one I looked at they had ripped out the bunk bed area and put in a full size bed. Hello?? Where are others going to sleep?

Grady

I think sometimes people modify a camper to suit their own particular needs at the time. Then they try to sell and the modifications they've made do not suit the potential buyer. I've been in the market for a camper for a while now and I know that I would probably make the necessary changes to accommodate my family, but I'll have to suffer the resale problems down the road.

hummingbird

There are some people who won't sleep in a bed other's have slept in. You know with the resurgence of the bed bug, it's not a bad idea to replace the mattresses. I know that seems like an extra expense but spend a night with bed bugs and you may appreciate that they took out the old ones. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

KeikoOka

It doesn't make sense to me. I would not buy a camper if it didn't have a bed. I don't want a party machine I want someplace to sleep so I can be rested when I hike.