Why Doesn't anyone update their profile on this site

TonyC

Love to Camp in TT
Hey, I have checked a few persons profiles only to find them empty, Null, Void of any content... a few have made some really interesting or informative posts and I thought I wonder where they could be from? they may be just down the street from me but I would never know it. I have even wondered what equipment do they have Truck Camper, pop-up, travel trailer or fifth wheel? but no such luck.
If you feel inclined then update your profile so others can at least learn a little about you..

Judy Ann

Hey, I have checked a few persons profiles only to find them empty, Null, Void of any content... a few have made some really interesting or informative posts and I thought I wonder where they could be from? they may be just down the street from me but I would never know it. I have even wondered what equipment do they have Truck Camper, pop-up, travel trailer or fifth wheel? but no such luck.
If you feel inclined then update your profile so others can at least learn a little about you..
PM them!!!!

rockytibby

Thats the whole point. Maybe some people just dont want to know who lives down the street from them. Its not being rude they just like their privacy. Is that why we are all talking on the internet instead of inperson. Plus call me causious, but how would you know if there is another Ted Bundy on these forums.

Valdaree

Apart from anything else, how do you know that what they tell you in their profile is true? Some people have an alter ego on the internet. I mean, look at the avatars on Second Life!:tinysmile_grin_t:

dinosaur

troublemaker
I have my doubts about what Valdaree has said. Oh, I believe there are many people who are so dissatisfied with their own existence that they will play a game and reinvent themselves as someone more to their liking. I just don't think you can fake it on this site for very long without everyone figuring it out.

oldsarge

I have my doubts about what Valdaree has said. Oh, I believe there are many people who are so dissatisfied with their own existence that they will play a game and reinvent themselves as someone more to their liking. I just don't think you can fake it on this site for very long without everyone figuring it out.
I agree, there's a lot of experienced folks here that could out a poser in no time!

Grizzly

Grizzled Camper
Creepy question.

I have never seen a person so interested in my whereabouts before.

If you think I'm a posser, than ingnore my responses. Either I know what I'm talking about or I'm very knowledagble about what I have never done. In either case I hope people get value out of the time I have spent commenting.

rockytibby

I agree creepy question. How can you be a poser when in comes to hiking or camping? I didn't think there was a right or wrong way of doing things. Just people enjoying the great out doors any way they like, even if they happen to embellish the story alittle( like the one I caught last weekend).

Judy Ann

Creepy question.

I have never seen a person so interested in my whereabouts before.

If you think I'm a posser, than ingnore my responses. Either I know what I'm talking about or I'm very knowledagble about what I have never done. In either case I hope people get value out of the time I have spent commenting.
This just isn't the most social of sites for him I'm guessing.

You're not the same thru hiker on the AT some time back that knocked a charging bear with his hickory staff in front of a group of people staying in a shelter are you? Could have sworn they were calling the guy Grizzle.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Last edited: