Worst horseriding experience.

Christie

The first time I went horseback riding was a group trail ride. The guy told me he was giving me a nice easy-going horse (did I look that nervous?).

Well, the horse was so easy-going that he didn't want to move. He'd fall back, and the person leading the trail would tell me to kick him with my heels and that just didn't seem right. Well, it was a long ride, and not all that much fun. Haven't tried again since.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Do you have a bad horse-riding story? Have you gotten over it and gone back to riding?

Gopher

I used to have a pony who decided herself when she had enough. She would walk over and put her head against the house and there was no way I could get her to move. I would have to get off of her and lead her to the barn. She was a sweetie though. I regret I ever got rid of her.

Shanna

Oh gosh yes! I was riding a friend's horse one day and she got the bit in her teeth and ran away with me. She tried to scrape me off under every tree she could see. I finally got her under control but I was a mass of abrasions and bruises. It looked like I had been in a car wreck the next morning! I was sore for weeks!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t Needless to say, I didn't ever ride that horse again! :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Pebbles

I have actually never been on a horse, they intimidate me, to be honest. y of how when she was younger, she was on a horse that got spooked and actually threw her off. She was a little bruised up, but nothing serious. But that I think just adds to my apprehension.

Gopher

They are big animals but if you act scared of them, they will take advantage of you. I love horses though and wish I had the space now to keep one. Maybe one day I'll have enough space and a barn to keep a few livestock again. One can aways dream.

NaturallyYours

I had a horse take off with me once after a horse an an adjacent pasture bolted. She broke into a full gallop, then suddenly put on the brakes and started bucking. By the time she stopped, I was hanging off the side of her with one foot still in a stirrup and my other leg barely slung over the saddle. Fortunately, she calmed herself down and let me get down without any more trouble.

GPER

I went to a riding stable many years ago with a friend, the group was crossing the highway. My horse didn't want to cross when I wanted him too.

The girl I was with gave me her horse beater thing, but the horse had a mind of his own. I like my Jeep and Polaris Ranger better.

DunandAway

I love horseback riding but I have to know the horse and trust it before I am comfortable. I have ridden many times on horses that I know and have had a few when we had pasture land.

staime

I have never really had any issues with a horse, but now a goat yes. I ended up being chased while attending a 4th of July party at a friends farm (adult beverages were in place), nipping at my heels, then the larger male goat decided to join in with the fun, knocked me down and attempted to stab me with its horns.

And now I do not visit that friend when his goat roam the yard, their yard, not mine.

I love horses and its an awesome way to see the trail. I went this spring on a week long trek across the state of Michigan. Weather was perfect. Went on a green horse, he misbehaved but I am going again this June with a better ride. I have gone trailriding on horses since I was a kid. I LOVE it. This was my first 'bad' experience. Didn't turn me off at all. Yeee Ha!