Yard Sales

Sophia

I was wondering if anyone else loved spending a weekend checking out yard sales? You can either check the local papers or even Craigslist and plan a route and make a whole day of it! And you would really be surprised at what you can find...!

oldsarge

I know a few people who made killer deals at yard sales. Cheap car parts that sold for several hundred dollars on ebay. Yes they can be fun!

freedommachine

Me and my wife used to. But it seems like peoples around here are just putting total junk in their yard sales. But We do enjoy them if we can find some good ones

hikinboot

We enjoy yard sales. There are some really good ones all summer here. I have scored some really nice stuff for next to nothing at yard sales.

IndianaHiker

Have some friends that do that but I don't. Since I only get off work every other weekend I spend most of my weekends backpacking.

Ilovelife

I enjoy yard sales, but I follow one rule. If I do not need it now, or in the next 4 months, then I can not buy it. That way I don't get caught up in a good deal and make a bad one because what ever it was is useless.

Footprints

I love yard sales, I don't get to go often enough but I always find great things when I do. I'm not much of a negotiator so I know I could probably get even better deals. I usually just pay whatever the marked price is.

LittleLady

I used to go all the time. Now I always plan on getting out to them, but just never make it. I hope to get back into it though, it's fun and you do find great bargains.

Grandpa

Yard sales remind me of the old quip; A man will spend $20 for a $10 item because he needs it and women will spend $10 for a $20 dollar item because it's on sale.

Therefore, I keep both myself and wife away from them.

jason

fear no beer
I enjoy when I get the chance. Lately that chance has not come. But I've found some interesting stuff once in a while. Cast Iron cookware goes fast.