Ynp

Joe S.

I try to get to Yellowstone National Park every 3-4 years or so. They manage the park for all the naturally occuring species there. How's it looking since the fire in '88?

Bambi

I was there last summer. I was also there in 1989, and a couple other times in between. You can definitely still see where the fires ravaged, but it has bounced back pretty well.

Bobby

We went to Yellowstone in 1995, just after the wolves were reintroduced, and were lucky enough to see one. The officials there tried to convince us it was a coyote, but this was definitely bigger than coyote sized.

In 1995 you could still see evidence of the fires of '88, but even more fascinating was the new growth. Some of the trees there have pinecones and seed pods that will only open in the heat of a wildfire. Fascinating stuff!

Yogi

I have been there twice---both in the last five years. Yes, you could see the evidence of the fires, but the second time I went, I was really aware of how much new growth I saw.

Grandpa

I go there often. Mostly in the cascade corner to visit the hot pots and waterfalls. Very little fire damage in the southwest corner.

We did 80 miles in 9 days this past September, jumping the boat at Columbine Creek and hiking the Thoroughfare down to Bridger Lake and back around to the Heart Lake TH. Forest isn't filling in too good around the Heart Lake area but the rest was beautiful. Even the six-eight inches of snow that dumped on us.

Lots of wolves and bear but the elk and moose are sure getting thinned out. No ungulates left in the Bechler area.

Qweetzy

I'd love to go. I haven't had the opportunity to go there yet but soon I'd like to take the wife and kids and explore a bit. I think the trip would be great for the kids to have the experience out west.