Yummm-A New Recipe

SweetSassyLady

This isn't a camping recipe but we had it last night and it was YUMMY! I sort of tweaked a recipe I found on the net and it is GOOOD! It's a crock pot recipe so it's great for busy days.

1 beef roast anywhere from 3-5 pounds.
6-8 potatoes peeled and sliced
1 large onion, sliced thinly and separated in rings
1 cup small peeled baby carrots
1 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
You can also use celery chopped up if you would like but my family doesn't like it.
1 can cream of mushroom soup-undiluted
1 can cream of chicken soup-undiluted
1 pack dry brown gravy mix
1 pack dry onion soup mix

Spray crock pot with non stick spray and place frozen or thawed beef roast in bottom of crock pot. Layer veggies on top of beef roast. Mix can of cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup together. Stir in dry brown gravy mix and onion soup mix into the soup mix. Do NOT reconstitute the dry mixes, they are to be stirred up into the soup mix DRY. Pour mixture over veggies without stirring. Cook with crock pot on low if you start the night before or on high if you start the meal in the morning. About an hour before you serve it, turn the crock pot on low and sprinkle on the cheese. You may want to serve with noodles to pour it on but you don't have to. It is sooo good and sooo easy to do. My kids loved it and it's hard to find anything that all of them like at one time.
Spray cro

Grandpa

Sounds delicous. I'll have to give this a try. I'm always looking for something new besides the cafe on my nights to cook.

I be this would also be a great dutch oven recipe. Thanks

Last edited:

LittleLady

That does sound great. Thanks for sharing! I love to use my crock pot but I run out of ideas after awhile. I'll add this to my "to try" list.

Footprints

I think the cheese is what will make the difference from what I normally do. I'm interested to see how it turns out. Thanks for the recipe.

SweetSassyLady

No problem. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do. We ate and ate and ate. I was so stuffed I was uncomfortable.

Grandpa-I didn't think about using the dutch oven! I bet it would work. Do you think most crock pot recipes would work in a dutch oven?

Grandpa

Ooops sorry Sassy, been gone a few days.

Yes, we pretty much interchange recipes with them.