Ziplining

Camoguy

Has anyone ever gone ziplining? There is a place I have gone that offers the service and everyone seems to love it. I'm not sure if I would like it though. I'm more of a "feet solidly on the ground" type of guy. Have you ever done it and would you recommend it?

Camoguy

AWESOME! I love the pic of the rope bridge too. I'd love to try that out! I am going to try it the next time we go. Why let the kids have all the fun?

Hikebike

I have been and I LOVED it! Amazing! Felt like I was flying. Yes you are secure before they let you go. I have been several times and each time it was a blast. My kids love it too.

I would not worry about the line breaking!

Grandpa

Went over to the old homestead the other day. Saw the grandkids had found a cable and had a 100 ft zipline tied between two trees. No harness, nothing but the hook on the free wheeling pulley to hang on to. None of them every came in bleeding or broken so they must have figured out how to land and roll.

campfire

It is fun and worth a try I think. I would love to try Alaska's longest. Combine the views with the thrill of zip-lining, that sounds like a good time to me.

oldsarge

I'm far too much of a wuss to try that I'm afraid. There is one quite close to where I live and I haven't had the nerve to try it yet, although I must admit that it looks exciting!
Go ahead try it......if the fun meter isn't peg at ten and the pucker factor maxed out, you ain't enjoying life to the fullest!

ejdixon

I tried it once. It was awesome! Gives you a really great adrenaline rush. Something that you have to do at least once in your life. :)

paloma

When I look at pictures of people doing it, I really long to try it. It seems so much fun, and it is one of the things I plan to do in the future. Wooohhh!

IndianaHiker

Never done zip line but looks fun. I have done a lot of things like sky diving, riding a bull, repelling, and motocross. I have found that ones needs to turn off the brain and just go for it. Stepping outside of the fear opens doors to a lot of fun. Many times the perceived risk are much greater than the reality. In fact of all the things I have done the most risky thing I do is getting into a car if you look at the stats.

ejdixon

Wow! I wish I had the same list of things done as yours, IndianaHiker. But I agree with you. That part about just going for it is part of the fun. Extreme sports may require a lot of psyching up beforehand (at least for me). But once you're at it, you just don't want to stop.