Vermont Hunting accident

wvbreamfisherman

If Im not 100% comfortable with the background of my shot I won't take it- it's just that simple. If I'm not sure of my target, I won't shoot. It would be extremely hard to live with myself if I shot or (God forbid) killed someone.

Pathfinder1

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around me iggys are.

Hi...

Yes...and, unfortunately...they're showing up in many states. Please keep us posted on the outcome of the investigation if you can.

I try very hard NOT to use the word "accident", because...to me... there are no "accidents"...they all have a cause.

In some states, some hunters have actually gotten away with such crimes.

"Corporal...have you seen any iggys around here?" "I thought I saw one in the trench over there, LT."

oldsarge

The story sounds fishy to me. There's got to be way more behind this. Why off yourself if it was an accident. How selfish is that?

Cottontail

It's always a shame when something like this happens, but honestly it's not too hard a mistake to make. You see movement and react without thinking, and something horrible happens as a result.

ppine

Forester
I used to work in Wyoming where the hunting season starts in Aug and ends in Jan. Every time I got out of the truck I would put on an orange vest, and it is now a habit. Many people in rural states aren't required to wear orange, but you should always.

southerngal

Such a sad story, but I must admit I wondered if there wasn't some other foul play at work here. There were three men who went out only two came back. Maybe I just watch too much Law and Order or something.

ponderosa

It's always a shame when something like this happens, but honestly it's not too hard a mistake to make. You see movement and react without thinking, and something horrible happens as a result.
Sorry, but if you are the sort to "react without thinking," you shouldn't be in the woods, period. And certainly not with a gun in your hand.