A Campfire In Your Own Backyard

Sophia

OK, since the weather has been really cold and wet lately, we took advantage of a "warm spurt" we had last weekend and started a campfire in our own backyard. It was really great! We used a lot of branches and leaves that are still on the ground from fall. The wonderful smell even brought some neighbors over, and we had a great time. Just thought I would share, because you don't have to always plan a camping trip.... But you do have to make sure that it is allowed where you live. I know that it is here, but it is banned in the summertime.

Refrigerator

OK, since the weather has been really cold and wet lately, we took advantage of a "warm spurt" we had last weekend and started a campfire in our own backyard. It was really great! We used a lot of branches and leaves that are still on the ground from fall. The wonderful smell even brought some neighbors over, and we had a great time. Just thought I would share, because you don't have to always plan a camping trip.... But you do have to make sure that it is allowed where you live. I know that it is here, but it is banned in the summertime.
I have 2 portable Fire pits that I can move around my upper decks and have a fire anytime I want to. Lower deck has a Fire place next to the Jacuzzi.

BTBoop

Refrigerator that sounds wonderful. Sophia, I know exactly what you are talking about but it was so wet here even with the warm spurt we couldn't get ours to burn.

tentmom

We have a campfire in our backyard all the time (weather permitting). We built a fire pit outback and it's awesome. The kids love it and so do we! It's fun to go out and sit by the fire and roast marshmallows.

ChadTower

I had one in the yard a couple of weeks ago. It took me 45 minutes to find all of the screens for the firepit because they were buried under 6' of snow. ;)

Joe S.

There is something mesmerizing about a fire. We built a special little patio down away from our deck with a fire bowl and built chairs just so we can hang out by a fire outside in the evening regularly.

jason

fear no beer
I've been cleaning a ton of brush, and dropped around 6 trees at the new home. Just about every day I've been burning in my fire pit. It is going to take a good month I think before the small stuff is gone, and plan on aging the oak and citrus for cooking.

CatsEye

I'd love to have a fire pit just to sit around on cold nights. We do burn brush on our garden site so that's around the corner here. We always do this to clear away deadfall and to kill the weeds.