Beach or mountains?

woodsman

What do you prefer?
I honestly like melting away in a hot water spring while surrounded by a scenery that reminds me how small I am in the grand scheme of things, but my girlfriend has some latent beach bum genes in here so I have to settle for white sandy beaches with clear blue water and women in very little clothing, poor me :).

lbean

I went to the most amazing hot springs in Ojo New Mexico. I got to walk in the mountains and then relax in the hot springs. I hope I can get back to do that sometime soon.

staime

Can I have both? :)

My spouse kids me all the time being from the west coast that when everyone lived in CA. you were an hour from "everything". I would love that but still I kind of like my coast better (its cheaper too).

northernbushape

The Jeepist
We have some great hot springs hidden in the local mountains. The biggest is a resort and you have to be a guest at the resort to use it, but it also has the highest sulfur content, so the they can keep it. The ones that are only 4x4 accessible are amazing and I enjoy visiting them when I can get the time to make the journey. Primitive with no fees and no tourists.

Beaches, well, I do enjoy them now and again, but my wife is the real beach bum. I am definitely a mountain man. I don't care to just sit and bake in the sun even if there are 2000 bikinis as a consolation :tinysmile_hmm_t: My wife can lay in the sun for hours. I don't know how she can stand it.

TribalP

I go for mountains. For me climbing a mountain is much more challenging than swimming or sunbathing on the beach. I like the feel of achieving something when I reach the peak.

SmackontheWeb

Definately mountains. Did 10 years in the Navy and discovered (at least for me) all beaches are pretty much the same. Much more diverse and (to me) interesting environments in the mountains.

jason

fear no beer
I can do both, but would prefer mountains over beach. More to do and see in the mountains I think then the beach.

Itchy_Ivy

I don't like beaches at all. I try to visit them at least a couple of times a summer so the kids don't miss out, but I am a mountain girl. I love the long drives, the breeze through the trees. The views like everybody say are breathtaking. I feel closer to God when I am at the top of the mountain.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Any place where there is something I can do the killitangrillit thing is good enough for me. Esthetics are available in all settings.

campershell

I am not very fond of beaches. The heat and the brightness triggers my migraine. A hot or cool spring in the forest is the best, with all the greens and the shade...

Mysty1

I love them and do them both all the time, there are beach areas that I can hike through seaside caverns, I can fish, swim, surf, go crabbing, and barbecue in the winter but I love the mountains too whether its during the summer camping and hiking or in the winter as I love to ski too.