Black Friday successful?

campclose

Were you successful if you went on shopping on Black Friday? For the first time in many years I bought everything that was on my list. My list was big too! I still have to unload a lot of it from the car! I love this feeling! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

IndianaHiker

I successfully avoided shopping on Black Friday, No amount of money saved or given to me would make me go shopping that day. As far as Christmas shopping gift cards for everyone.

Grandpa

We went for the sole reason called entertainment. Better than watching a Three Stooges movie for slapstick comedy. While there, I did buy a bottle of antacid pills to neutrilize the 3/4 of a pumpkin pie I had eaten earlier.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t:tinysmile_tongue_t:

CozInCowtown

Me and Mrs. Coz went on a date, stopped and bought a tree and braved Best Buy for something for my daughter she asked for.
BB was not that bad at 6pm, as was Outback Steakhouse and Half Price Books.
Sat in the deerstand all mornin on Black Friday so I would say it was a success!!
DC

southerngal

I went to Walmart at 10 Thursday night for the sole purpose of buying my daughter a bike. That was a horrifying experience to say the least, but I got what I went for!

Pathfinder1

Black Friday non-shopping...

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around me Black
Friday shoppers are.

Hi...

With the exception of food, almost any other shopping is done via catalog, at my desk, with a drink in my hand, and some food nearby, and Pandora playing on my computer, and it's otherwise quiet...and I am contented.

Was that a werewolf? Were did it come from? Somewere, they replied.

Fox38

I did great on Black Friday! I got everything on the list :). I don't mind the crowds, it's actually fun to me. I've been Black Friday shopping since I was in my teens with my mom - so it's a tradition.

jason

fear no beer
Lowes allowed you to order the deals online. I did hit Home Depot as I needed more strawberry plants around 10am and it was not that bad. Even managed to find some of the 99 cent poinsettias.

FreeWilly

I successfully avoided shopping on Black Friday, No amount of money saved or given to me would make me go shopping that day. As far as Christmas shopping gift cards for everyone.
This sounds like a perfect plan. That way you got to avoid the mess of people and all the people you bought for can get what they want. If only more people thought that way. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Susie

Yes, I was successful on Black Friday. I stayed home and wrote out all my Christmas cards with a nice pot of tea.

campclose

:) I'm glad you are alive Grandpa! Sounds like people either loved it or hated it and stayed away. I think with stores opening their doors earlier, I beat the crowd. Anyone shopping Cyber Monday?