Blade on You?

Johnny

Do you carry a knife on you? It can be a small utility blade like Swiss Army or a bigger tactical folder. I always carry a small utility folder in my pocket just in case. You won't believe how many uses I find for it.

craig

I carry a small Leatherman Squirt PS4. It is very small but it does the job when it needs to. I'm not chopping tree trunks with it but for small jobs it is perfect.

Hazel

Gibbs rule #9: Always carry a knife (NCIS) I love my Gerber its more than 4 inches but I'm an EMT and I tell the cops that its a seat belt cutter.

ppine

Forester
I like any woman that carries a knife. EMTs are some of my true heroes. When I see a group of them, like in a restaurant, I always make a point to say thanks.

Last edited:

Michael

I carry an Ontario RAT 1 most of the time. It's a little on the big side, but I really like it.

Sometimes I also add a Victorinox Trailmaster. It's just ridiculous how much useful stuff is on there. People also tend to freak out a little less about a Swiss Army knife.

ghostdog

Valhalla, I am coming
The one I keep on me, clipped to my right pocket is the Leatherman Charge AL on the bottom of the photo. The main blade is D2 steel and takes a wicked keen edge and holds it well. The scissors are used often, the can opener at least once a week and the diamond file buffs out my girlfriends nails when they get nicked or broken on our frequent hikes through canyon country.

Every knife has a purpose and I don’t like to do food prep with my multi-tool so I take the paring knife shown in the middle of the image and keep it in my culinary kit. The small knife on top is another D2 steel blade, one very few flat ground runs made by Bob Dozier. I like his sheaths and this one clips to my pack’s shoulder strap. That knife is perfect for the blade you want to do heavier work such as wood work or cutting up a bird for the pot. It feels good on my pack strap when walking too. It comes off quick and rides horizontally, cross draw on my belt.

So the multi-tool is always on me but the other two might be on me in the backcountry as well. They will at least be on or in the pack when traveling a week or more.

CozInCowtown

I keep two good knives and a good multitool in my truck. I work a desk job so it would be useless and a cultural issue if I had one on me around the office.
Now IMO the MultiTool/Leatherman is about the most useless thing ever invented.
I do have a couple of them in assorted glove boxes but do not depend on them in any way, shape or form.
Give me a good set of combo wrenches, a couple of screwdrivers and a pocket knife.
JMO,
DC

catspa

Why would you say "blade" (singular)? Ummm, no. I never carry one knife.

Sometimes you're holding onto something you just can't let go of, so a prudent person would be able to reach a knife with either hand.

Parker

Eaglescout 49

If I leave the house without a knife, it means that I've forgotten to put on my pants. I've carried a pocketknife ever since I was 6 years old. Kids can't do that today -- any kid carrying a knife in school is expelled.

I have about 30 pocketknives at home to choose from, including that very same folder my mother gave me when I was 6. It's old and pitted now, but I treasure it. Most of the knives are pretty ordinary Bucks, Cases and Schrades that I've picked up along the way. The only oddities are a couple of sgian dubhs (the little knife Scots hide in their stockings) as well as a Fairbairn Sykes, Britain's superb and truly beautiful commando knife.

At the moment, there's a little Leatherman Style on my keychain and Leatherman Juice 2 on my belt.

Dura Mater

You can usually find me with a Benchmade Griptilian. If I'm getting all fancied up there might be a downgrade to a mini Griptilian so it's not as obvious. That's just EDC but if I'm in the woods it's different.