Camel ride?

bagwell

Has anyone been on a camel ride??...It is generally in desert that people would have this kind of travel....because camel's can actually hold on to lot of the water and it takes in less and since it is desert water is wealth :)

noor

Deep inside Arabian deserts I had a chance to ride on a camel and I love and cherish the memory even now. I would like to have more chances when I go Arabia this summer

sakthi

I have not had any chance for riding a camel in my place.But i want to ride it.People say that in can be without water for several days.Is it true.I will definitely grab the opportunity if i get one in the future.I will reply after riding one

indian

Camel ride is very good for me.
When I want in school and Went for a picnic place I was ride on camel with my other friends.
If you sit on camel for riding then you will find something new in life. You will like a tall man than others.

vin

i love riding on camel in desert because you don't have any option to ride in sand without camel. i really enjoy camel riding because camel walk nicely like it is doing dancing on sand and it is run very fast.that's why i like it.

tater03

I have been on a camel before. It was different but not really comfortable at all to ride on. But it was fun to try it.

monkeycat

I can't say I've ever been on a camel ride though it is always been something that I'm intrigued by and may consider doing in the future. I've always had the idea that it must feel slightly uncomfortable.

shaan

Ride a camel under the supervision of a handler or professional camel rider. While the dull look in their eyes does not show it, camels are relatively emotional and intelligent animals and respond best to familiar handlers. Be sure to ride a domesticated camel under the supervision of someone who knows how to control the animal.

steven

i hate a lot riding a camel because they smell very badly and even the way they walk irritates me lot. i have ride them once and that was the last time.

richy

hey love camel ride, it was only once i have ride them but it was a wonderful experience ridding them all over ther streets of jaipur.

anand

ya i like riding a camel and the reason which you have mentioned is 100% true beacuse finding water is like finding something soooo precious in a desert and these days many wish to have camel ride when they go for any desert spots.

ACCER

I rode a camel once when I was 7. I was in Iran at the time. It was smelly, the fur was coarse and it looked at me funny.

I haven't liked camels since....lol

justontime

I rode a camel once when I was 7. I was in Iran at the time. It was smelly, the fur was coarse and it looked at me funny.

I haven't liked camels since....lol
I know what you mean about it looking at you funny, camels do have very expressive faces. Riding a camel must have been quite daunting for a 7 year old.

ACCER

He looked at me like he was judging me and decided that I was little and not really worth his time. And he smelled. I was rather girly back then. I hadn't discovered fishing yet.

HereToday

I've ridden on elephants before, but never a camel. Could the camel riders answer a couple of questions about these noble beasts?
1 Is it true that once you have gotten in the rhythm of the camel's walk, that it is actually quite soothing and comfortable (I've heard them called ships of the desert and does this apply to their gait)?
2 Do camels really spit? Do they spit at people, or is it just a random thing?
Thanks in advance.

justontime

I've ridden on elephants before, but never a camel. Could the camel riders answer a couple of questions about these noble beasts?
1 Is it true that once you have gotten in the rhythm of the camel's walk, that it is actually quite soothing and comfortable (I've heard them called ships of the desert and does this apply to their gait)?
2 Do camels really spit? Do they spit at people, or is it just a random thing?
Thanks in advance.
I can answer the second bit, yes they do really spit they are well known for it, llamas do it too. I looked it up and apparently it is not just saliva it is more like the stomach contents mixed in saliva. They do it to distract or put off whatever is bothering them.

HereToday

yuuuuuuckkk!!!

I hope a camel or llama are never of the opinion that I am bothering them!!

tater03

They do have funny expression now that you mention it. Mine was a domesticated one that I rode on. I could not imagine a camel spitting on me. Gross.

deltic

I hope a camel or llama are never of the opinion that I am bothering them!!
When the kids were younger they used to love going to a farm park, they had a llama for the kids to pet. It took one look at my mother in law and spat right in her face. At least it stopped her talking for five minutes!