Can you relate?

Joe S.

I've had to live in several major cities transferring around with the military. Each time I became very depressed because of being out of touch with the natural world. Can you relate to this?

Hayley

I can understand it from my own perspective but I haven't moved around like that so don't exactly know what it is like. A friend of mine was an Air Force brat and moved a lot, but she wasn't into the outdoors really.

Betty

My husband can't deal with living in a city or a town. It doesn't bother me, but it bothers him greatly. I like the amenities, he could care less. So we live in the boonies NEAR a town.

Starling

I can definitely relate. While I don't move around a lot like other people, I do live in the city. I'm not barred from the natural world but I really only see one or two trees out my window and a couple birds here and there. That's why I take hiking trips whenever I can to get away. When I can afford it, I plan to get a house out in the country. That won't be for a while, though.

Yogi

Wow---that must have been a major stressor for you. I can do city or country, but I can say I would really hate to be cut off from the natural world.

campingear

Well, living in the city myself I do mind to a certain degree as it gets very noisy and annoying that it is hard to meditate, pray or just enjoy the outdoors in peace. I usually have to find a quite place near a lake which is on the other side of town. I know there are some around here, but it still gets loud enough where I have to put in ear plugs.

I had to do the military thing as well and I did not have a problem with it, but that was when I was younger.

CozInCowtown

I've had to live in several major cities transferring around with the military. Each time I became very depressed because of being out of touch with the natural world. Can you relate to this?
Wait till you have teenagers, then you are really out of touch with the world and depressed.......:tinysmile_aha_t:

Bud

I don't do too well in cities. They have me on edge all the time. I know some folks love the excitement and the tempo, but I do much better in the wilds.