Downtime

jason

fear no beer
I deeply apologize for the downtime tonight. It seems Amazon EC2 was down tonight with an intemap problem. For those unfamiliar with that, it is a content delivery network. What it does is allows us to pull things that get loaded frequently from people all over the world, and stores them on servers so when you request a page, it will load faster. Sadly this issue was a bit out of my hands. I am working on alternatives however to prevent this in the future.

Judy Ann

Thanks Jason. This site wasn't the only one having issues and I was beginning to think it was my computer!!! I appreciate your message.

jason

fear no beer
Thanks Jason. This site wasn't the only one having issues and I was beginning to think it was my computer!!! I appreciate your message.
Anyone who happened to be tied into Amazon CDN was affected sadly. I'm still looking into this issue, but to be honest, it has been a long day before this came about. And tomorrow is another long day, especially if it does not rain.

Grandpa

Thanks Jason, I too was worried about my computer. These things happen, we can be patient when they do.

wvbreamfisherman

I noticed that a LOT of sites were running slowly last night. Hey, stuff happens- you pick up the pieces, fix what you can and keep moving forward.

CatsEye

Don't worry about it. It's a mishap on Amazon's side. Long as it's not any of our equipment, Amazon can do what it pleases. We talk enough when we're on here, no need to worry about more.

jason

fear no beer
I just hate downtime. Ask the wife, I'm a worry wort. So if the site goes down I'm checking up on it again for the next few hours, and if it is late at night, it makes for a rough sleep sometimes.