Electric or not?

FreeWilly

Do you prefer to camp and a place or campground that has electric access or no? For me, I really don't care. It is convenient, but when I'm camping I just want to get away from everything. I don't need a reason to charge my cell phone if there is no plug. :p

Candy

I will stay in either kind of campground, because it is nice to change it up, sometimes. I prefer to camp, far away from everything, though. Just my boyfriend, me, some supplies, and good old mother nature to explore.

Lamebeaver

I also prefer not camping at campsites. If I car camp, it's at a primative site far away from other campers.

charley

I like to camp most where I have to walk to, then primative campground, then regular campsite, and I have used electric sites. When I am in campgrounds especialy with electric, I would be with my wife. We used to keep a box with us that had a lamp, coffee maker, cpl hot plates, and of course some extension cords for when we had electric sites.
I have been having trouble with my knees, in fact going to see the doc tomorrow, so I am thinking of going to some trails and hiking in a short distance, setting up a base camp and doing day hikes.

wvbreamfisherman

Primitive sites generally (even in a campground). Sometimes electricity is nice. Last October, we used my pop-up camper to stay in on a canoe day trip. Friday afternoon was gorgeous, but it clouded up and got misty and damp that evening. The electric space heater was awfully nice to have to keep the chill off. The real rain held off until we were off the river Saturday, but we had a cold, steady rain all night Saturday and into Sunday morning, and once again the heater was real nice.

Of course it quit raining about sunup on Sunday, and we got to drive home in the sunshine LOL.

EddieK47

Old Yankee
Everyone has what they like and you do as you like thanks to a Vet.Just get outside and enjoy!It's a great life and a great Country to enjoy!!

ponderosa

I've never camped at a site with electricity. On the occasions that we have to stay in a developed campground, we look for ones that don't allow generator use, and tent-only places if possible. I used to take long road trips with a good friend who required a real shower in a campground, which felt like "glamping" to me, but even she could get along without electricity.

Judy Ann

Lacking winter gear and planning on camping through the winter, I may consider a campsite with electricity so I can use a spaceheater to keep the tent warm. Okay, I'm a woose, but what's a girl to do?

ejdixon

It really depends on who I am camping with. Usually, I don't really mind camping in an area where there is no electricity. But whenever I go with my family during our "camping reunions", we need to stay in a place where there's electricity since some members of my family (like my mom) don't really fancy going back to the basics.